VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My t4 is being taken to Bristol for ahu tdi conversion, i have asked for the clutch to be replaced. What else while engine is out? Glow plugs, water pump?
Cheers Jack

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Hi mate
You wont go wrong if you do cambelt oil filter fuel filter air filter aswell as the bits you mention
then you have the lot done
happy days

·
sc vw customs 1.9tdi convert
17,028 Posts
or you could go over the top and replace everything while its out...every seal etc....all of the above..

cost me a bloddy fortune though...but have to say i am 7000 miles in now and all is good..bonnet never lifted...

only thing is i have a small oil leak from the cooler gasket...which prob just needs a tweak...

T:

if you have a bit of time mate,just take your time,give everything a good clean etc....worth it in the end though..

·
Registered
865 Posts
If the crank seal does not leak then i would not touch it ! Seen many that did not leak previously but started leaking quickly after...if not broken then don't fix !

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is an Ebay advert for conversions, a guy called Lee Quintin does it and supplies the motor etc.
Unfortunately a local garage damaged the gearbox doing 5th conversion so that needs sorting while out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts