VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the conversion for a couple of years now with no trouble, that is, until now.
I have a oil warning buzzer and flashing light that comes on at high revs and will not go out. It was in for a service when it occurred, and the garage found a leaking high pressure sensor, so changed it. However, the beeping and light will not go.
It sits happily at idle, all things looking good, but when you drive it, buzzer, light and blast it.
I have followed the Penbryn troubleshooting guide and every other one on here, but still had the guys at the garage scratching their heads. They reckon it may be a problem with the clocks.
Before I try replacing them, has anyone within the TDI conversion gang had this problem?

Cheers,
Dave

Registered
rusty heap ('95 t4)
put the old oil pressure sender back in, if it fixes it then buy a new one I:

Rich.

Registered
rusty heap ('95 t4)
If this happens at high engine speeds then check the wiring from the switch / sender to the fusebox, possible if it's a tdi conversion the 'round plug of doom' is the issue? Maybe open, spray contact cleaner & silicone grease then re-assemble?? Old wires can fracture inside their insulation or outer tape wrap?

G2/10. High Oil Pressure Switch (Oil Pressure Warning Unit) Yellow wire
Try a 'flying lead' from fusebox to sender to isolate the loom?

Rich.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts