VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, im hoping for a bit of help with my 1z tdi conversion. i bought a 1995 t4 800 spesh, with a td engine (dipstick on the front though :* so its been bodged before) this engine went bang so ive replaced it with a 1z tdi lump. all is well apart from an annoying starting issue... it fires immediately then cuts out, but will eventually run after 5-10 attempts with the throttle half down. after a good run when its nice and warm it fires straight away, then almost dies, but the revs pick back up to idle and its fine (without touching the throttle).... seems to drive okay, ive had it on vagcom but showed no faults with the engine or immobiliser :* checked and re checked the fuel lines for air leaks, been over the wiring countless times, good earths on the engine, mutliplug bracket, immobiliser box and ecu.... anybody have any idea? its getting more than annoying :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh no don't say that! Its just my luck.... Drove the golf the engine came out of for a few weeks before it was transplanted it was fine then...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi mate I also have a1995 tdi conversion,I had a bit of trouble with the brake and clutch switches, are they fitted correctly, they can cause a bit of trouble if not fitted and set correctly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help guys, tried everything I know so far, fuel lines are fine, not sure what you mean about vac, it's only the egr and brakes work off vacuum... Unless the egr is stuck open? Ive checked the pedal switches with a multimeter and they're switching as they should even linked out the infamous 109 relay and it's no different :/ Going to hard wire the multiplug at the weekend cause it was a pain to get off the golf in the first place... Really struggling with this one, any suggestions would be a great help :) cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
right. think im getting somewhere now, had "vagi"com on the van again today and im getting 01117 - generator terminal df load signal implausible- intermittent.. after a quick look at the ross tech wiki, sounds like the alternator or wiring to the alternator is faulty, which can stop the glow plugs warming? anyone had this before? cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi guys, im still struggling with my van :/ its getting close to putting on ebay as spares or repairs! im still getting the alternator fault code but it seems to start much better with the blue alternator field wire disconnected and it charges fine with it disconnected? my limited alternator experience says this is wrong and the alternator has had it? anybody had this before?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts