VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just pick up a 97 golf tdi for £550 today. i only had half an hour on it today but manged to get out the ecu clocks imoblizer. i`am abit confused as to the wiring loom, do you have to un pick the engine loom ie to the ecu from the rest of the loom in the engine bay ie lights

and anybody done this conversion with the imoblizer version ? does the wiring for the imoblizer need to be removed or are the plugs already there in the t4 just to plug into

·
Registered
643 Posts
pull the whole loom from the donor. you can then lay it out on the floor and break it down to the bits you need ( the 3 white plugs ) then all the wires that come from the ecu need to be kept, you can lose the lighting ring. but you will need to keep the coolant and brake level sensors from the old loom.

i struggled with the immob as the plugs/wires were different - the 1.9 td one only kills the fuel pump the tdi does other things ( you may be able to pull the correct wiring from the donor )

## note ##
the front loom goes behind the brake servo and you will need to unbolt this to remove ( dont make mistake i did and cut through it thinking it goes to rear of the donor - it dont )

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks dbug that saves me doing it the hard way T: i`ll get the apprentise to take out the interior on monday I:

·
Registered
99 Posts
where does the wire for the diagnostic port come from , the main ecu loom or from a connection on the fuse box ? , grey wire i think :confused:

·
Registered
643 Posts
loom from ecu grey and white.

if you do split the loom out from the rest you can get all the plugs back onto the correct senders without extending ( e.g gearbox and intercooler ) i also dumped the bracket from the big round plug so i could route the wires in a more tidy way,

·
Registered
643 Posts
Dbug, how'd you get on with the early passat clocks? Did they work and were they a better fit?
not yet - made some brackets to fit the golf ones and sort of like the fit ( only a small gap around the original infill panel and get to keep the 'green' theme )

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
did you have to take the full loom out of the golf to strip what you needed, ie take the dash out or did what you need just unplug from the fusebox :confused:

·
Registered
643 Posts
i took the fuse board apart in the donor ( you slide the lock mech open on the back and the plugs just gently pull out )

seperate the plugs so that you can see the loom going through the bulkhead

some wires go to the pedals if you have the cruise control wiring fitted and one goes to the poteniometer for the throttle ( you need to get that out too with the bracket to ease the re fit ) also remove the servo mounting nuts whilts your under there so you can get to the engine bay wiring as above

pull the wires/plugs though (including the 50a fuse and holder) and your nearly there.

remove pedal switches, clocks ( inc loom to fuse board )

i laid the loom out on the floor as it is in the car and refitted as many components as i could back onto it making it easier to refit to engine as i knew which plug fitted what.

·
Registered
643 Posts
panel - do me a favor please the small boost guage unit with the 3 pipes coming from it ( blue red and black ) i need to know which pipe goes to what on the golf engine ( not sure if i fitted mine to the right places )

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
panel - do me a favor please the small boost guage unit with the 3 pipes coming from it ( blue red and black ) i need to know which pipe goes to what on the golf engine ( not sure if i fitted mine to the right places )
hi mate if you look through aggies tdi thread page 6 5th pic down you'll see were you need to fit the pipes red to wastgate blue to turbo directly below the red and black to air box if using the top of the golf airbox as i did. i believe the boost gauge bit is commonly called a n75

andy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts