VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
right had an early start on the loom .. ive removed the t4 engine loom and the three connectors from the fuse box ( G1 G2 F ) and fitted the golf loom but ive four spare wires near the fuse box .. unfortunately my bluetooth has decided to die so i cant post any pics

the following connectors are from the golf engine loom , i didnt remove the loom myself it just came with a tdi engine i bought

first connector , black four wire male connector with BLACK RED BLUE/white BLACK
second , black wire with green male connector
third , GREY/white with brown male connector ( I'm guessing diagnostic )
forth , two wire green female connector with green and a BROWN/white wire

any ideas ?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi mate what year was the golf? up to august 1994 there was a baromatic pressure sensor up near the fuse box after this time it was incorporated in the ecu

think one of those will be the cruise control, will check the others out, i have about 4 that arent doing anything and it runs fine:ILU:
cheers billybus .. the engine is a 94 and has the additional pressure sensor ( looks a little like a voltage regulator but with a vacuum pipe connector ) i have the elec connection for this but any ideas where the vacuum pipe for this comes from ,

sorry for all the questions

oh i wish i had removed it myself :confused:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are you sure its a pressure sensor you have and not the egr valve? i wasnt aware that there was a vacuum pipe to the pressure sensor, trouble is i only found out about this sensor AFTER i ditched the golf and started fitting the loom so its a bit i need to pick up from a scrappyI:

can you post a pic of it?

ahh correction is a MAP sensor , just googled the part number

http://www.injepel.com.br/fotos_destaque/6523_d.jpg this thing

my bluetooth adaptor has decided it would be a good day to stop working so i cant post any pics ..

well the tdi pumps on and i'm just fitting the cambelt ect .. if i can get the wiring sorted it should be up and running today . whoop whoop

·
Registered
329 Posts
have you already got the 1z engine then??
I think so, Golfgtioz identified it as a TDI previously -

The previous owner fitted it and it was from a Mk3 Golf but bought/exchanged for a recon pump from the original (knackered) engine I think. This is it.
- ABL fuel pump
- on a 1Z block?

You can see on the timing belt cover 1.9TDI which I assume was from the scrapyard the previous owner got it from.

I have been doing a few bits and pieces to it recently and have been keeping the TDI conversion in the back of my head. If indeed it is a TDI I have - how long do you think it would take to swap pump and add the ECU etc? And is that all I'd need? 90bhp :jiggy

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
646 Posts
when it stops raining oz will have a look on the golf to see what you have spare fella.

let me know what its like when ya done it.

cheers jaz

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well thats the cambelt on and its all timed up best i can , just popped in for a cuppa and some dinner ( i'll have to take it to get vag-commed as soon as its on the road )

so thats the throttle pot fitted , i used the bracket from a early 2.5tdi along with the 2.5 pedal ( very factory look ) , on fitted the pedal i noticed the clutch bracket had snapped so i had to rip the whole thing out and weld it up

I've taken some pics but my bluetooth dongel's not working but i'll post some up when i get it sorted

so thats the pump on and new cambelt ect,
t4 loom removed and golf loom ran through and connected at the fuse box
accelerator pedal sorted ( need to refit box ) and crack welded
need to go to the breakers as the connection on the water sensor has a different fitting the the golf loom
plus a number of other bits n bobs

i'll check on that wire billybus after i finish my lunch T:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
nice one mate, jaz is also having a look for me but 2 heads are always better than 1 in case he cant see.

dont give yourself indigestion in your haste to become a tdi er:D

ive had a look on my loom and the only black wire that comes out near the 3rd injector wire is a heavy black wire ( same as 3rd inj ) containing 3 wires ( crank sensor ) the only other black wires are beyond the connection block and these are oil pressure one head one oil filter

saying that just had another look and there is a skinny black that goes from the loom to port number 9 on the connection block , this goes to the reverse light switch along with the brown and blue/white..

if that makes sense I:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
erm well mty broken one is a skinny black one, its on the loom side of the connector to the third injector are your third injector wires grey and blue like mine?

ahh get you now .. on my loom the grey and blue wires are in a rubber sleeve type thing , I'm guessing mine is the same as yours as in I've got a little black wire just poking out the end about 2mm .. looks like it should be like that

1 - 20 of 71 Posts