VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 TDI 130 4 motion. Based in Jersey most of the miles are " extra urban "
No motorway mileage. I was told I might get the catalyst/emmision control light on as the system never gets up to full temperature etc. After 12,000 miles I have had no problem. I try not to do short journeys and always let it get up to operating temperature before high revs etc. I know it uses excess fuel in the exhaust to burn residue in the catalyst but have never noticed any exhaust smoke or symptom of the regeneration cycle.
Has anybody else noticed anything?
Anyone else had an emmision control light on?
Cheers

·
Registered
103 Posts
Mine has never had the regen light come on and it always seems to carry the cycle out its self. if i potter aroung the town in it, it regens a bit more often. The idle revs drop a bit and a runs a bit lumpy for a while until its complete. If I'm going slow I tend to drop it a gear to raise the revs and give it a hand

·
Registered
875 Posts
22k miles here and never seen the check light on. Does idle a bit lumpy sometimes, but I do motorway miles in the man. I would love to do a dpf delete and egr blanking, its just a matter of getting it sorted. The engine mgmt light did come on after blocking the egr, but corrected itself when removed.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting that.
Heard you can delete the regeneration and remove the DPF.
Running ok so leave the remap, at least until the warranty runs out.
Cheers.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I believe the earlier 174's have no dpf and dont have the same egr blanking plate problems. Mine however (remapped and dpf), does. Having opened up the egr, its no wonder they run cleaner without all the oily gunk going back through for a second time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts