VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

441 - 460 of 474 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Will be soon adding my name to the list, as I've started to look for a donor car for my T4. Bent crank nose :(

I'm sure many of you are also watching the same Golfs on eBay as I type this Rasp:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Right guys I've bit the bullet and got an ahu TDI donor vehicle.
Going to attempt conversion next weekend.
What flywheel and clutch do I use ahu dual mass?
And on average how long does the conversion take?
Is the t5 front mount intercooler a easy fit?
Thanks in advance Chris.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Use the TDI flywheel and clutch as they are slightly bigger than the ABL ones.

It will take a while, all depends how good you are with taking out engines, following the wiring diagrams and modifying a few bits on the way.

·
Registered
767 Posts
quick wiring question chaps :..... after pputting my fuse box back today i noticed a single grey wire to a grey plug hanging down , and as i did my conversion over a year ago i cant remember where it went ...... any ideas plz ??/ also i dont know if its related to the grey wire but my vcds wont communicate with the ECU now either ...could the grey wire be the problem here ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks to the great info you guys have put up I am now running the TDI, I had a few moments when I wanted put all my tools and parts inside the van and torch it on the driveway but with some help from a friend and all the info on here it is alive again.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi I have just got my van back. I gave it to my sister and her boyfriend has done a tdi conversion on it but he has not had time to finish it become he has started his own buisiness so I need some help getting it back on the road :) is there any tdi conversion guru in Torquay that can advise. It starts but will not run :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its time to put all the TDi conversion threads in one place to help others as its a bit of a mission to find information through so many lost threads. Please can all 1.9tdi owners log all your threads relating to your conversion work so we have them all in one place. This seems like a good idea because -

1 - Its a record of the number of conversions running
2 - All perspective new TDi conversions can find information easilly on a sticky thread in the engine section.

I will dig mine out and add Aggies masterclass thread to the first post also when its been colated along with Penbryn's genius links for the wiring side of things. I will add usernames to a list also to act as a counter.

Hope this helps some of you to find the information a bit easier T:

Project Power 1.9tdi Style! (under development)
Dashboard Cluster Information.
GENERIC CHIPPING THREAD.
Quick guide and shopping list.
CRUISE CONTROL HOW TO.
Andy's wiring loom checklist.
Andy's main dealer shopping list.
Pictures of some finished conversions!
Parts list for fitting Sprinter/LT intercoolers.

Any topics not covered, ask HERE!

TDI Conversions done (not in order).
1 - Aggie ORIGINAL AGGIE MASTERCLASS
2 - Penbryn WIRINGGENIUS1 WIRINGGENIUS2 IMMOBILISER GUIDE Overcoming wiring problems HOW TO
3 - Golfgtioz OZwireing thread
4 - Jimmyjames THREAD1 THREAD2
5 - Foxjay FoxyTDI thread Side issues thread
6 - Billybus. Billybus TDi Thread
7 - Tanjaz
8 - T4YLOR
9 - Juz
10 - Clarkey31
11 - Muley
12 - Dbug
13 - 800special
14 - T4 Zimbo. Zimbo conversion thread
15 - Willmason1975
16 - João First and only AGR conversion thread
17 - Cheekychappy84
18 - Mace - Mace conversion thread.
19 - Rixy - RIXY WIRING DISCUSSION - CRUISE CONTROL HOW TO.
20 - Mallott, Mallott conversion thread.
21 - Andyd, Andy's conversion thread.
22 - Milky
23 - Mr Matty
24 - West Stabbo Customs
25 - Dennis
26 - Swim-cap
27 - Martnsax
28 - T4Newbie

29 - RichG
30 - Pdubby - Conversion thread
31 - Terryhighvoltage - Conversion thread
32 - Lumoxs
33 - Cox4720
34 - Nickmarks73
35 - Vealmonkey.
36 - VWTom.
37 - Obsession01.
38 - SlowestT4ever.
39 - Armour.
40 - Village build thread
41 - T4Algarve - Build thread.
42 - Vdubz Build thread
43 - Roverp6
44 - Dennisont4
45 - Mot man
46 - Si-b
47 - andbd2009
48 - Stuholes
49 - Bre1146
50 - Robbie69
51 - Traversed build thread
52 - Wrongvanman
53 - Odannyboy
54 - Bam
55 - Tankie2ndrtr Tankies Conversion Thread
56 - LawAnderson
57 - fryer298
58 - Wayner007
59 - CamDub
60 - Siomac
61 - PaulAnton
62 - Nbsurf
63 - Chris09 Build thread
64 - Alpenweiss2 (professional converter in Telford, PM for details)
65 - Blowsey
66 - Flo the surfer
67 - MisterMelon Build Thread
68 - Theballexx
69 - Jamiegolf
70 - Spindoctor71
71 - Jonnyd4
72 - Tfore Build thread
73 - Colese
74 - Johnhoppi
75 - ijimbob
76 - tommib
77 - CrazyDiamond BUILD THREAD
78 - Seann500 BUILD THREAD
79 - Mark300465
80 - KN73
81 - Tarky
82 - coru (from Galicia)

·
Registered
362 Posts
So really want to be doing my conversion this winter but am struggling to find a donor vehicle, have tried the usual Gumtree, auto trader etc.

Anyone have anything....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all I seen a lot off threads with the TDI conversion .but my 1.9 engine runs ok .but just want a bit more bhp .is there any add on,s I could do to it .its a 98 t4 transporter .done about 160000 .just when pulling out from a junction .need that little more go but once going no problem with motorway speed .once over 30 gos ok thank you.Ian also lives in Norfolk A:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Afternoon All,

I have read through most if not all of the threads regarding the TDI conversion and will be picking up the AHU Tdi engine / loom and assorted bits on Sat.

I’m in no rush for the conversion at the moment and also have plans to go away at the beginning of March, so I will get the loom sorted along with removing a couple of bits from the engine before I dig the old one out.

I’ll keep you posted.

:D

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hi all,
It's a long time since I did my conversion, I'm after replacing the two brake light switches with dealer parts can anyone help with part numbers or tell me which switches to order
Cheers all

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone
First time post. Not a VW man myself anymore sadly:(
Just doing a Tdi conversion for a friend. First class info on the board. Thanks to everyone.
Everything going well apart from the wiring. Got most of it right I think but in haste I cut 3 black and yellow wires that seem to come from the ecu. Now have no idea whether they are needed or not ??
Any help would be most appreciated. Loom from a 1997 Mk3 Golf
Cheers

441 - 460 of 474 Posts