VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

461 - 474 of 474 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts

Could anyone help me with this problem I'm having with my T4 / Passat AFN 130 PD b5 engine.

Can't seem to get the turbo on

Thanks

AFN PD 130? The AFN is a VE 110.

I can't see the picture, so am not sure as to the issue. But if it is a PD130, how are you mounting the turbo? Behind the block or above the valve cover?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello guys, I need some info because the Immo drives me crazy. I made a ecu / ip upgrade, I have 2 Ecu msa 15, with immo and everything. If i respect the wiring posted above, engine starts without chips near the coil. With vcds, immo box says that start is permitted, talks to ecu and key is not recognized. No matter how I do it, it won't kill the engine. Tell me that I'm crazy when everybody wants immo off, I want immo on... :)). I really need some info because if I look in every wiring diagram, pin 61 from ECU means Immo, or Immo and OBD line. So, that means pin 2 and 3 from immo box must be joined together and then to diagnostic plug? I'm correct ? Please help me clarify this!
Below you can find how I wired the immo box:

"This works for vw golf 1.9 1z engined model yrs 1994/1995 with 68 pin ecu's

This enables you to remove the instrument cluster and still keep the immobiliser and electronic pump.

You will need the black box immobiliser, original key, ignition key transponder reader and the ecu from the same car.

How to wire the Black box immobiliser.
2 connectors

one is three pin the other is 6 pin. The 3 pin goes to the transponder reader.

The 6 pin connector is numbered if you look at the end of it. 1 to 6

So starting with pin 1

1= Black , connect this to a switched 12v i.e ignition

2 = Grey/ White, goes to the ecu

3 = Grey, goes to Diagnostic plug, but changes to a grey and white at the diagnostic plug end.

4 = Brown, Earth

5 = Not connected

6 = Brown, earth"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello guys, I need some info because the Immo drives me crazy. I made a ecu / ip upgrade, I have 2 Ecu msa 15, with immo and everything. If i respect the wiring posted above, engine starts without chips near the coil. With vcds, immo box says that start is permitted, talks to ecu and key is not recognized. No matter how I do it, it won't kill the engine. Tell me that I'm crazy when everybody wants immo off, I want immo on... :)). I really need some info because if I look in every wiring diagram, pin 61 from ECU means Immo, or Immo and OBD line. So, that means pin 2 and 3 from immo box must be joined together and then to diagnostic plug? I'm correct ? Please help me clarify this!
Below you can find how I wired the immo box:

"This works for vw golf 1.9 1z engined model yrs 1994/1995 with 68 pin ecu's

This enables you to remove the instrument cluster and still keep the immobiliser and electronic pump.

You will need the black box immobiliser, original key, ignition key transponder reader and the ecu from the same car.

How to wire the Black box immobiliser.
2 connectors

one is three pin the other is 6 pin. The 3 pin goes to the transponder reader.

The 6 pin connector is numbered if you look at the end of it. 1 to 6

So starting with pin 1

1= Black , connect this to a switched 12v i.e ignition

2 = Grey/ White, goes to the ecu

3 = Grey, goes to Diagnostic plug, but changes to a grey and white at the diagnostic plug end.

4 = Brown, Earth

5 = Not connected

6 = Brown, earth"
Sorry for the double post, I couldn't find the edit button.

No matter how I tried, I still get the same error from Immo box:
00546 - Data Wiring faulty: Implausible Signal

My current wiring, pin 61 from ecu goes to Immo box, pin 3 from immo box goes to diagnostic plug.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can anyone tell me if I can use the 1z turbo and manifold or do I need abl parts
Converting for a 1y 1.9d to a 1z 1.9tdi
And what other parts do I need to swap from my original engine
Any help much appreciated
👍

·
Registered
2 Posts
ABL was replaced on 1Z, gearbox EWB, intercooler ACV, the old engine was only a power-steering pump with fastening
I can share file immo free,if it's necessary.Now looking firmware for 100-110 hp

·
Registered
15 Posts
I feel I need to clarify a bit. I believe most 1.9TDI swaps have been done using the T4 transmission. I am going to use an engine and trans from a Bora, Jetta here in the US.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just bought a 96 p t4 1.9 non turbo with a blown engine. Is the easiest engine to convert to a 1.9td from a mk3? Is an early mk4 90 bhp as easy? Been trolling through all posts for ages and can't find it. Any help appreciated guys?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Just bought a 96 p t4 1.9 non turbo with a blown engine. Is the easiest engine to convert to a 1.9td from a mk3? Is an early mk4 90 bhp as easy? Been trolling through all posts for ages and can't find it. Any help appreciated guys?
easiest is the mk3 era cars, mk4 era tdi engines will fit your gearbox but you'll need to fabricate sump & mounts.

mk3 golf td (AAZ code -EASY as direct fit with minor sump / mount swap) or tdi (1Z & AHU code engines - sump / mount swap & loom / ecu swap) are most commonT:

also B4 Passat (1992-1996) are good donors of TD & TDI engines (the TDI donor is an easier conversion loom as theres no 'knitting' A: )

Rich.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, its great on here so much info. I have a 1992 1.9d t4 which has just had engine failure due to head gasket issues with hydro locking. I am thinking about replacing the engine and converting to a tdi. I was just wondering how difficult the tdi conversion is to do from a 1x? would it be doable for someone that doesn't have any experience in mechanics? I am willing to give it a go and I'm inspired by all of you guys giving it a go yourselves, I am blown away by some of the conversions on here.

thanks again
James

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, its great on here so much info. I have a 1992 1.9d t4 which has just had engine failure due to head gasket issues with hydro locking. I am thinking about replacing the engine and converting to a tdi. I was just wondering how difficult the tdi conversion is to do from a 1x? would it be doable for someone that doesn't have any experience in mechanics? I am willing to give it a go and I'm inspired by all of you guys giving it a go yourselves, I am blown away by some of the conversions on here.

thanks again
James
my t4 was 1X engined & now 1ZtdiT:

Rich.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone having experience using 1Z alternator holder with hydraulic tensioner in T4? I like idea of having 120amps alternator in my multivan :p

461 - 474 of 474 Posts