41 - 60 of 474 Posts

·
Somebody stop me!
11,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Registered
475 Posts
dont forget mine ! im 1.9 tdi ! i used the 1z out of a seat toledo ! :cool: all runs sweet ! just not sorted my flashing glow plug light out yet ! it comes on after around 5 mins of idle ! press break and it gos off ! i changed all switches and bulbs hasn't helped ! so im thinking i have the break ip wire in wrong place ! i will get round to sorting it out !I: one day !

·
Somebody stop me!
11,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
dont forget mine ! im 1.9 tdi ! i used the 1z out of a seat toledo ! :cool: all runs sweet ! just not sorted my flashing glow plug light out yet ! it comes on after around 5 mins of idle ! press break and it gos off ! i changed all switches and bulbs hasn't helped ! so im thinking i have the break ip wire in wrong place ! i will get round to sorting it out !I: one day !
Nice one mate, mine did it for a while and it was becasue the plungers on the switches were not set correctly, i've not had a problem since :gl: I will add you to the list bud T:T:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Firstly, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this! :eek:

However, is there a consensus of opinion amongst you all as to which of the various 1.9 tdi engines is the simplest/least complicated to swap for the 1.9 td? Thought I had read somewhere for example that the version in the Passat caused some additional problems to say that of the Golf? I would have thought the engine block was identical, so is it just the anciliaries/looms that vary and cause additional problems.

I am cautiously considering this conversion, so in summary my question to those of you who have done this swap, and with the benefit of hindsight, what in you opinion is the ideal donor car?

Regards

Dave

·
Registered
61 Posts
most info and swaps on here are based on the golf, so most help would come from that swap. I used a passat which required no splitting of the loom although the colours are different to what is published in Penbryns guide. As long as you label everything up you will be ok!

·
Registered
724 Posts
What a great libary! Been reading threads for a while and spoken to a few people here. I have now all the parts to undertake my conversion. I am going from a 2.4 so has taken me a while to get all extra bits together. Penbryns wiring guide and information has been invaluable. So a big Thank you Niall (Penbryn) and Jimmy James and all the rest of the TDi cobverts.

·
Somebody stop me!
11,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
We must have done a good job here guys becasue most people seem to be managing to troubleshoot problems using the library, unlike when most of us did ours and the information wasn't so readilly available. Well done to everyone who has contributed to the cause, team Tdi is growing T:T:T:T:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
A:A: another one to add to the list, mine sprung into life yesterday. Just got a few little bits to sort out :cool: some great info to be found on here.
Welcome to the clan, you have ben added to the list T:T:T:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Awsome thread!!

Anyone done the short shift mod on their converted TDI? T:
I will be shortly (when i get the threaded ball for my early van) but TBH it will be the same for the Td as it is for the Tdi anyway bud :ILU:

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Can you add me to the list, 1Z running sweeeeet. Striped down and all seals,belts replaced, 5th gear was a simple job worth doing.T:

thanks to all the info don't think I'd have dun it without ya A:A:
Dennis

·
Somebody stop me!
11,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Can you add me to the list, 1Z running sweeeeet. Striped down and all seals,belts replaced, 5th gear was a simple job worth doing.T:

thanks to all the info don't think I'd have dun it without ya A:A:
Dennis

You have been added T:T:T:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Awsome thread!!

Anyone done the short shift mod on their converted TDI? T:
I can change this to a yes now bud, its awesome and i dont know why i didn't do it sooner :confused::confused:

·
Somebody stop me!
11,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
my golfs got a DMF (dual mass flywheel) should i be throwing that way and use the T4 one?
You sure mate? I didn't think they ever fitted them :confused::confused::confused: Dont use either bud, get a single mass golf flywheel, new bolts and a golf clutch T:T:T:

41 - 60 of 474 Posts