VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 474 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi mate can you add me on the thread 2.4D 5cyl to full 1.9tdi conversion, not sure how many have done the 5cyl to 4cyl conversion yet, would be nice to know. cheers mate

·
Registered
16 Posts
mines a a 2.4 to TDI and she's running a treat, just got my blue clocks working perfectly - happy days !

I want to plumb in my MPG pin out on ECU to a seperate MPG clock just need to find a pin or 2 as not wired into the loom !

hi mate can you add me on the thread 2.4D 5cyl to full 1.9tdi conversion, not sure how many have done the 5cyl to 4cyl conversion yet, would be nice to know. cheers mate

·
Registered
16 Posts
Will do, need to just time to have a muckabout, you can drive along with laptop on and monitor but not the same.

You should be shooting for 50 MPG + I reckon although due to changing clocks all the time I have not had an accurate figure for a whole tank yet, will let you know. T:

let us know how you get on with the mpg gauge wouldnt mind doing that :) think im getting just shy of 40mpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Doing 1995 Carravelle Syncro here in the States in August. Ahu with mods. Wondering about R&P ratios. 5th gear easy, but if I want taller R&P I believe I have to do front and rear. Any info would be helpful. Going from 2.5 petrol.
Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks to everyone for all your helpful information on how to convert my t4 2000 abl to ahu tdi from a donor car 96 golf cheers I could be converted from air-cooled vdubs forever cheers fellow veedubbers

·
Registered
4 Posts
im looking at doing a conversion on my van and some one i no got a audi a4 1.9 tdi year 2000 it got a AJM engine code its an automatic but the box has gone well this be ok to do the conversion with any info well be great
thanks mark

·
Registered
101 Posts
1.9D to 1.9tdi just been brought back from the dead and flying along. could I be added to the list? Would not have been possible without all the guys here! Big Big thanks to Aggie Penbryn and Jimmy to name just a few as well as all TDi converts who have posted threads. TDi's Rock!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
hi guys any one know what the correct amount of oil to be putting in to the tdi engine ? ive been putting in 5L is that ok. every manual ive read for the 1.9td says 5L so i imagine using the same sump i wouldnt be far off? cheers nick

·
Registered
26 Posts
Check this out if you want a mpg gauge and so much more :) just plug into obd2 port and go.
End time: 10 Aug 2011 16:13:38 GMT+01:00

iPhone URL:
ScanGauge E Fuel Trip Computer UK Stock ScanGaugeE

Browser URL:
ScanGauge E Fuel Trip Computer UK Stock ScanGaugeE

·
Somebody stop me!
11,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
List updated and pushing 40 known conversions now T:T:T: In 10 years i recon most enthusiast owned 1.9td vans will be under Tdi power, they way they should always have been T:T:T:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, hope you're all well!

I've just found out this morning that living in London and driving a 2001 T4 is gonna get a whole lot more expensive from next year.
Basically the engine in my panel van doesn't meet EU Emission regulations, and my options are..:

1.fit a filter by a government recommended garage for £3000.00.. not really an option!
or
2. take the opportunity to upgrade my power plant to a 1.9 tdi..

I'm a little bit mechanically minded, but not confident enough to do a tricky engine conversion.. even if I did have the space and equipment to pull it all off!

So what I wanted to know from you awesome peeps is , What are the costs more or less for the full conversion and can anyone recommend a place that might be willing to undertake such a feat.

as always your time and effort is very much appreciated

Regards

Duncan

·
Somebody stop me!
11,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
PS. sorry, in order for it to meet regs. it must be euro 3?? which apparently is anything after 2002.
cheeers
That rules out the AHU/AFN/1Z lump then bud. My most constructive suggestion is to move out of London :*:*

81 - 100 of 474 Posts