VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been using the forum for about 6 months or so now, so decided to post the progress i've made on my van.

The van when I got it - only 49,000 miles. Added clear indicators first.

It came ply lined which was a bonus :)

Shame it had a bulkhead tho - no probs got my other half to cut it out with is angle grinder I:

A few angle grinder discs later and...

Insulation next - i used a kit from amdro conversions - it consisted of sheeps wool and hemp, it came in two thicknesses, 1 for floor/ceiling, 1 for walls.

Battons silkaflexed to floor, then insulation layed, and then screwed down original wooden floor.

Interior carpeted - using original ply lining.

All the tricky bits done too T:

Windows added, slider on drivers side for ventilation whilst cooking, and standard on passenger side.

Blue Circle floor added - easy to brush, mop and keep clean.

New sony speakers replaced original dash speakers, also wired in some sony 6x9s in the rear :D:D

Sony head unit with ipod connection added

Rock n roll bed fitted - managed to drill thru spare tyre at the same time :eek:

Units fitted + leisure battery fitted by jerba campervans

My friend is an excellent seamstriss and covered the foam for meA:

Faux suede and 12v led spots fitted to the ceiling - 1 switch per 2 lights, 3 switches total.

The finished article - took the pic with a different camera - the green colour came out different :confused::confused::eek::eek:

Just fitted my new Audi A4 seats the other day + leather steering wheel.

Next on the list is alloy wheels and possibly colour coded bumpers and mirrors.

·
Registered
809 Posts
hi there,

Like the floor where did this come from. one question also on the rear speakers are they mounted on any support behind the carpet??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks sweet!

A couple of questions regarding the seats
What seat swivels did you use with the Audi a4 seats? Did it take much modifying to get them to fit? What model year a4 did the seats come out of?

I've had my syncro 9 months and i'm spending more time on this forum and flea-bay than working on the van :( . Plan is to get the finger out and have ready for new year.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi there,

Like the floor where did this come from. one question also on the rear speakers are they mounted on any support behind the carpet??
Hey Bobbster, got the flooring off ebay. I got a set of spacers made up from chipboard (approx 1cm thick), to space the speakers out from the sides of the van - otherwise the speakers would have touched the metal sides of the van. I just screwed the speakers onto the spacers, then screwed the spacers onto the carpeted sides.

hope this makes sense!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks sweet!

A couple of questions regarding the seats
What seat swivels did you use with the Audi a4 seats? Did it take much modifying to get them to fit? What model year a4 did the seats come out of?

I've had my syncro 9 months and i'm spending more time on this forum and flea-bay than working on the van :( . Plan is to get the finger out and have ready for new year.
I used a fasp swivel on the pass side. See one of the posts above for fitting details. I think the seats were out of a 2004 audi a4.
The forum is addictive - beware:eek:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi looks great!!! where did you get your bed and would you recommend it?

Hi got the bed from bluebird customs. Not overly happy with it to be honest given that i paid £500 for it - part of it broke after only being used a handful of times. Bluebird did replace the bit that sheared, but it was a real hassle to fit as i had to get under the van and undo all of the bolts. When it is flat in "bed mode" it clunks as the boards/metal work does not sit entirely flat and flush onto the supports underneath. If i was getting another one i would look elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thought I'd add an update.....

Fitted door sill/step protectors

Then a rear bumper protector...

Then mounted my small table on the back door - thanks to forum members for their ideas and help on where to mount it :)

And a bungee pocket thing to hold small items.

Also got myself a breaker bar + socket to fit the wheel bolts as the standard vw tool is c:*p!

Still deciding on what alloy wheels to get and possibly some carbon wrapped mirrors?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Nice work there van looks great.T:
Where did you get the brackets to hold the table on the rear doors?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Decided against the carbon wrapped mirrors and decided to colour code my mirrors. Did it all by myself! A: I've still to remove a few small bits of masking tape, but i'm waiting for the lacquer to fully harden. I'm really pleased with the result.

Also got myself a set of eyebrows and colour coded them too. Looking for a carbon grill now.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts