VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

321 - 340 of 342 Posts

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
I personally would make sure all mechanically sound first. Boring stuff but peace of mind. Then bling it. Nice swift. I used have a mark 2 gti golf which was near mint. Had amps and 1000 watt sub in boot. Awesome!. Nearly blew my ears out😆. Unfortunately at minute the second car is a little fiat panda. Does the job but man it's dull. But vans fun.
I've got the van in at the garage later on today and I'll leave it with them so they can actually do there job and fully look over it! Hopefully things can get sorted under the warranty provided as the engine has only just been reconditioned!
I've only got a little sub in the swift but I couldn't begin to imagine how that sound system sounded in your golf!😝
I'm selling roof bars off the van if it's of any interest. Makes look the part. I've just had roof done so don't use them.
Im not too sure on roof bars at the moment! Will have to give it a think but thanks for letting me know😁

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
Ted is back in the garage on Monday to replace a leaky vacuum, fuel pump. Will this be the end to the problems!?
I bloody hope so!

Also ordered something ive been after for months, a full engine bay cover! I only checked the watched link on ebay last night, saw that it have the options to buy and got really confused, checked on travelin lite and it was indeed in stock!!

Got that ordered and im certain I had the last one in stock! As soon as I ordered, it didn't have the options to buy anymore! Very lucky to get it then!😁

Some cheap camping chairs and a cover to go over the rear doors when they are open have been ordered as well, all getting ready for the first trip, trying to tick as many items as possible off the list!

·
Registered
T5.1 t28
149 Posts
I am not the worlds biggest camping fan but a nice warm bus is good. The Main things for camping. Something to cook with. Something keep warm with. Food and a nice few large beers help you sleep. 😀. Have have some fun else doing the van up itself can overtake the reason we all buy them.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
I am not the worlds biggest camping fan but a nice warm bus is good. The Main things for camping. Something to cook with. Something keep warm with. Food and a nice few large beers help you sleep. 😀. Have have some fun else doing the van up itself can overtake the reason we all buy them.
Its nice knowing the bus will be comfier than sleeping on the floor in a tent😝
And thats very true, ive done all the van up over the last few months and just not used it, it'll be nice to see how it all works and enjoy what I've made!

·
Registered
T5.1 t28
149 Posts
cool. Hopefully aiming to have finished our van in April so it can be used. I ain't sleeping on floor again. 😁. 👍

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
You are going through the trials ain't you Will, keep your chin up mate, one day it'll all be worth it when you're sat on a campsite, tunes playing watching the sun set with your other half (y)

You'll have that satisfied feeling of "I created this" and stuck at it. Fingers crossed Monday will be the last trip to the garage.

Also good that you're still buying mods, I'm tempted with the engine cover, just not pulled the trigger yet, and possibly can't for a while as you've potentially bought the last in stock 🥺

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #328
2 weeks have gone by quickly!😂

Right, for now, im pretty sure all problems are sorted with the van! At long last!😂 it's had a new fuel and vacuum pump as it was leaking oil and then the same day I had the engine warning light come on. Faulty connection on the boost regulator sensor causes the ECU to disable the turbo as it couldn't gauge how much boost was being made. All sorted for now but will probably need a new plug and rewired! Not such a bad thing!

All systems go for first trip away next Friday, will tackle the roofing and 240v electrics very soon in time for heading away hopefully!😝

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #330
Not long now Will 👍 .
Whats first ?
Probably get the wiring done with my dad first on the weekend as the site has electric hook up, will be nice to have the leisure battery charging up so we can run our chargers off the plugs.

Will give the roof a thorough measure tonight to know how my 3mm ply I need as well as material for the roof, going with the yellow gti tartan as well as running some LED lights in there as well as the spot lights I have

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
From memory i think i bought two 8x4 sheets for the roof as i seem to remember its just a tad bigger than one sheet .
You got a loo and a shower you can use?
I think alot of people are still booking trips without being aware that facilities aren't allowed to be open.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #332
From memory i think i bought two 8x4 sheets for the roof as i seem to remember its just a tad bigger than one sheet .
You got a loo and a shower you can use?
I think alot of people are still booking trips without being aware that facilities aren't allowed to be open.
Im one of those people not aware they won't be open! Guess I'll have to order a loo😂
As for shower I think it'll be a cold shower with water over the head and a quick around the body😅
The other half might not be so happy!

·
Registered
T5.1 t28
149 Posts
Glad to hear your getting straight. Have see some pics of the yellow tartan. Sounds good. Have fun camping👍.
We're getting leccy done soon too. Tomorrow going pic van up as it's had bed done and front seats upholstered. I'll chuck pics on.
As for a camping toilet.I can do many things but emptying one of them🤢😲. I'd have get Mrs do it. 😁 Baby wipe washes All round😆.

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #334
Glad to hear your getting straight. Have see some pics of the yellow tartan. Sounds good. Have fun camping👍.
We're getting leccy done soon too. Tomorrow going pic van up as it's had bed done and front seats upholstered. I'll chuck pics on.
As for a camping toilet.I can do many things but emptying one of them🤢😲. I'd have get Mrs do it. 😁 Baby wipe washes All round😆.
Im looking forward to having a roof that doesn't sag! My temporary fix on the roof had gave up in the end as well!😂
Its just said, change me now or ill get on your nerves!

Ill have to pester my dad to see if he will help😂
That camping toilet isn't going to be the nicest thing in the world anyway! Not looking forward to that!😂

·
Premium Member
790 Posts

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #336
Will have to get one of those and a tent to do it in!😂

321 - 340 of 342 Posts