VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

421 - 440 of 479 Posts

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Thats where I had taken inspiration from to begin with🙈
Was going to go with a bench that pulls out the width of the van, then saw yours and thought it would have been perfect!
It does work well, I have no plans to change my bed setup, but I do want to redesign the wall storage where I have my wall pods

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #423 ·
The bed design does really work well, as we have no need for people in the back, having a lounging chair that pulls out into a bed just works so much better. We sit outside anyway and mainly have the bed out at all times when parked up to sleep for the night, makes it easier than having to pack everything away to then head off.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
The bed design does really work well, as we have no need for people in the back, having a lounging chair that pulls out into a bed just works so much better. We sit outside anyway and mainly have the bed out at all times when parked up to sleep for the night, makes it easier than having to pack everything away to then head off.
Like you say wont work for people that need to carry children or passengers, (all my kids are grown up so don't want to go out with mummy and daddy lol) but i find the comfy bed when its in sofa mode so relaxing to just chill on, i can sit on mine sideways with the tv on and chill stretched right out, because i don't have a wardrobe there i have space for my feet. Iam 6ft 3" so space is crucial in such a small space. I couldn't do that on a RIB seat\bed

·
Registered
T5.1 t28
201 Posts
We going local as not slept in it yet since having the new bed and pop roof . Callow top at Ashbourne to test it. Not even tried the blow up awning. Been making the cupboards today. Sometimes wish just bought it done. But Hopefully go somewhere else in early july then hols in August. Still got sort the abs light issue but narrowed it down to the rear light etc. The joys of the vw😀.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #428 ·
Like you say wont work for people that need to carry children or passengers, (all my kids are grown up so don't want to go out with mummy and daddy lol) but i find the comfy bed when its in sofa mode so relaxing to just chill on, i can sit on mine sideways with the tv on and chill stretched right out, because i don't have a wardrobe there i have space for my feet. Iam 6ft 3" so space is crucial in such a small space. I couldn't do that on a RIB seat\bed
Its surprising how much room there is width ways to lie and spread out!
I always get excited when we can get out in the van!
Enjoy mate 👍 .
Been proper warm today here ( at least for working in) so i hope youve got the same and sweet dreams for your first night in it :sleep:
Going to be another warm week thus week. Bad weather in a factory! But luckily I'm on mornings so I can enjoy the best of the weather.
We going local as not slept in it yet since having the new bed and pop roof . Callow top at Ashbourne to test it. Not even tried the blow up awning. Been making the cupboards today. Sometimes wish just bought it done. But Hopefully go somewhere else in early july then hols in August. Still got sort the abs light issue but narrowed it down to the rear light etc. The joys of the vw😀.
Anywhere in the van is a great trip dubbers.
Next weekend we are staying only down the road from me! I might even sleep in the van on the drive😂
And yes welcome to the never ending problems with VW😂

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #429 ·
Van hasn't been camper this last week, 2 rabbit hutches collected and sold so the beds been out and progress has been slow!
Lots of things still to finish and do. Spoiler to be finished off and fitted, large rug to be placed into the space once occupied by the cabinet and a good old clean as well!
There will be plenty more posted up here too😝

·
Registered
T5.1 t28
201 Posts
Yes. No matter how much you make vans good for camper there always a van. I'm now trying fit home made cupboards and draws whilst using it to collect stuff. Still got leccy to do. It's frustrating but these things are a marathon. . I'll pic the cupboards and draw once done. Never ends😀👍

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Bit of a long overdue update for the van.
Tonight I finally have everything I needed to complete the rest of the roof lining in the van!
View attachment 192831
This is what it was for reference.
View attachment 192832
View attachment 192834
How it is now! A lot messier as well🙄
8 spotlights in the roof and then a nice bright led strip to go along only the one side of the van now as it would be insanely bright otherwise!
Really chuffed with how the inside looks now, far better to what it was previously.
Next in the list is to remove the cabient behind the cab and in its place just a nice large rug to cover where there will be no flooring, until I get a new floor ordered and put in!
Also, paint from halfords has arrived in store so will grab that tomorrow to get the spoiler and wing mirrors colour coded. Will see if there is any left over to complete the grab handle as well! They only supply 300ml cans as well! Will go else where most likely next time! But 1 day free delivery to store isn't bad anyway! That's how it works in my eyes!😂
Looking good 👍
I went shocking red and led all round with dimmer and colour change options but the sued has a napp and the kids cant stop touching it
It looks a mess atm but if i brush the napp all one direction still looks ok after 6 years! Good old Harrison's trim supplies

·
Registered
T5.1 t28
201 Posts
Managed get most cupboard done. Man it takes time with all fiddly stuff. Got finish off tomorrow but good progress. Finished day with good bbq and a beer. Liking that red lining Stuart. Nice.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #434 ·
Looking good 👍
I went shocking red and led all round with dimmer and colour change options but the sued has a napp and the kids cant stop touching it
It looks a mess atm but if i brush the napp all one direction still looks ok after 6 years! Good old Harrison's trim supplies View attachment 193162
I couldn't fault Harrisons as so many people had used them, the floor mats are great quality and the material supplied is amazing too!
Love the bold red and the vw cut outs you have on the barn doors👌
I would have gone with colour changing lights but ending up going a plain warm white as I didn't want the added faff of wiring😂

Managed get most cupboard done. Man it takes time with all fiddly stuff. Got finish off tomorrow but good progress. Finished day with good bbq and a beer. Liking that red lining Stuart. Nice.
You never realise how fiddly something is going to be! Especially just putting in a cupboard. But do you have the 12v wiring going through it you've got wires going around the back of the cupboards?

·
Registered
T5.1 t28
201 Posts
The wiring is going come from main battery straight down then run under the cill under the van across back and up in the side. Light cable runs behind roof line.cupboards will then have the power unit built in with all wires inside. The cupboard had be removed and resized. Then added some low level cupboards and a draw. Can't believe how long it takes, templates, measure twice and cut, then fit and somehow the the van has changed shape and have to remeasure😀. It fits well with good space. It's just fiddly. Got more do tomorrow but hopefully cupboards be done but leccy won't be for few weeks. Got a extension cable anyway. Getting there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #436 ·
The wiring is going come from main battery straight down then run under the cill under the van across back and up in the side. Light cable runs behind roof line.cupboards will then have the power unit built in with all wires inside. The cupboard had be removed and resized. Then added some low level cupboards and a draw. Can't believe how long it takes, templates, measure twice and cut, then fit and somehow the the van has changed shape and have to remeasure😀. It fits well with good space. It's just fiddly. Got more do tomorrow but hopefully cupboards be done but leccy won't be for few weeks. Got a extension cable anyway. Getting there.
Coming along really nicely there dubbers👍
Looking the same if mine with lots of things stored inside as you put the cabinets in!😂I kept on running out of space as I put things in.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #437 ·

Had a nice night on Saturday testing everything out at the horse yard🤙
The S+S Tarp awning was brilliant, sturdy and absolutely HUGE!😂
No cold night either with it being just average, luckily had the barn doors open and the window half open👍
Looking forward for the first meet in 2 weeks! Going to head to Abergele at the start of July for a over night get away too

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #439 ·
Really happy with it🤙
Adding more things to my 'need to spray' list😂

Badge off and taken apart.

Primered and ready for paint tomorrow, need to get the spoiler done as well, just needs some sanding🙄

421 - 440 of 479 Posts