VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

441 - 460 of 479 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #441 ·
Going to colour match the badge, leave the VW chrome and colour match the inside.
Was easy enough to take apart, time will tell if I can get its stuck together and onto the van securely!😂

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
A good 3.5 x 25mm screw will hold that badge in place mate (y)
Always on hand for helpful advice 😂

Reactions: WillsT5Ted

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #443 ·
🤣
Don't tempt me Pete, ordered some scotch double sided tape to get the badge back on with, the stuffs good for holding up to 5kg!
I think it'll hold a measly badge up no problem🤞
Can't say too much, trusted good old flea Bay quality double sided foam for my number plate, after a day the bloody thing flew off🤣

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
My front plate kept falling off, used some proper poo to a blanket tape from work and it still wouldn't hold, opted for a blob of silicone in each corner, not going anywhere now (y)

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #445 ·
Thats definitely not going anywhere.
I've used the double sided tape that comes with the plates when you buy new ones and that stuff seems really good, used it on the van as obviously, the front decided to fall off, just on my drive though. Last owner changed from there private plates to the original ones.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
🤣
Don't tempt me Pete, ordered some scotch double sided tape to get the badge back on with, the stuffs good for holding up to 5kg!
I think it'll hold a measly badge up no problem🤞
Can't say too much, trusted good old flea Bay quality double sided foam for my number plate, after a day the bloody thing flew off🤣
That’s what i used to stick my rear badge on after i painted it, it wont go anywhere with that. It’s weather and heat proof too.

Campers coming along nicely, did you enjoy your break away.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #447 ·
That’s what i used to stick my rear badge on after i painted it, it wont go anywhere with that. It’s weather and heat proof too.

Campers coming along nicely, did you enjoy your break away.
I've gone cheap before so I'm not making the same mistake, thought I'd go over the top as it'll be useful elsewhere.
Wasn't so much of an away break, literally only 2 minutes from my house but was still nice to use the van, great weather on the night, woke up with rain but sun came back out later on🤙
Should be having more progress come the weekend hopefully, just getting the odd bit done when I can in the mornings now really.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
The poor van's got a lazy eye ;)

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Yeah yeah, that old "it was an accident" story 👮‍♂️

Paint finish is looking good (y)

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #454 ·
Im really surprised with how sparkly the paint actually is!
Its just grey glitter😂
Looking forward to getting them on the van now!😁

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #456 ·
Its the factory paint colour of OFFROAD GREY. I would have loved to see that come out of the factory brand spankers with how sparkly it is!
I might order a touch up brush from halfords as well to possible get rid of some of the nastier scratches.
I would have a clue how to cover up with the spray paint otherwise I'd do it myself!

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
It's that time again, Pete's perfectly plausible problem solving point 😁
For those nastier scratches, like most you're not a trained bodyshop sprayer and don't have the facilities, can I suggest these...
We're all a lover of S+S kit (y)

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
One big bandage, could be nicknamed the Mummy Mobile (y)]
I'm sure with a bit of elbow grease you'll get the paint up to scratch (yep that's a pun right there).

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #460 ·
Ill get him there eventually!😂
A bit like polishing a turd!

Got the spoiler on today as well😝
God it looks so much better now!
Later will be the badge but off to work😢

441 - 460 of 479 Posts