VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

461 - 479 of 479 Posts

·
Registered
T5.1 t28
201 Posts
Cupboards pretty much done. Just ran out of bit of edging trim to neaten up. The leccy still got be done and the lime green wrap hasn't gone on as planned. Door is a little bumpy but will neaten up. but I can sort that another day. Had enough of woodwork. It's light weight ply at rear then used marine ply mixed with some lightweight ply for lids and doors etc. Don't want to go further with cupboards as got twin slider so we have a carry fridge and collapsed washing bowl . See how pans out .

Attachments

·
Registered
T5.1 t28
201 Posts
Vans looking shiny will. Nice spoiler. Still got roof bars going if your interested at any point. may put a nice look on it but no meither. I'm just sick of woodwork now. 😀 got give van a good polish as covered in sawdust.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #463 ·
Cupboards looking great there dubbers👍
You'll have to get a thread going of all your progress as it'll be great to see in one place.
All the hard work will pay off and you'll be away camping soon, knowing you got it all done yourself😁
Really happy with how the spoiler has turned out as well, much better than I was expecting!
The van was cleaned on Monday last and lucky not have my pollen fall on it, plus I've been in the car to work this week so has moved since then.
Not sure about roof bars really, don't know if they'll fit as ive got a awning rail using the fixings that would be used for the roof bars. Thanks anyway👍

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
Spoiler looks good Will (y)
Roof bars use the same fixing holes as the awning rail, if the c section of the rail sits above the van frame, roof bars should fit, if it sits more in the gutter then they won't, if that makes sense.

Reactions: WillsT5Ted

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #465 ·
Yeah my c section is inside of the gutter so I don't they they will fit unfortunately 😔
The spoiler has been one of those things on hold as I've had it since January!😂

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
My channel is the raised one as I had roof bars, since taking them off I don't really need the raised version although feels like it may easier to feed the awning rail through when on your own.
Making progress now though mate (y)

Reactions: WillsT5Ted

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #468 ·
Will get the badge on tonight.
Got new lights, nothing special, just to replace to horrible work to get rid of stone chips on the passenger side light😂 needs the bumper off for that so may tackle on the weekend and then I can have the eyebrows on the van to give it the sleepy look😂
Its slowly coming along on the outside which I'm very happy with.
The inside was great but the outside is what I enjoy the most.😝
Looking forward to you getting the thread sorted Dubbers👍

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Spoilers look great - gotta be happy with that paint match. I think your van looks good without roof bars. I shamefully followed Pduk and took mine off. Looks so much cleaner without them - even though they've come in handy now n then for shifting ladders and large sheets of ply that I didn't want inside the van.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #470 ·
I cant fault it, the paint was brilliant stuff. Glad I went with halfords in the end👍
And I've been torn with roof bars on the van, I dont know whether I would like them or not! They would match with what I've got now my later down the line they wouldn't as I'm thinking about going 2 tone. White on top half, grey on bottom.
Just not anytime soon.

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
the eyebrows on the van to give it the sleepy look😂
First time I've seen someone adding light brows call it the sleepy look 😂 (y)
Spoilers look great - gotta be happy with that paint match. I think your van looks good without roof bars. I shamefully followed Pduk and took mine off. Looks so much cleaner without them - even though they've come in handy now n then for shifting ladders and large sheets of ply that I didn't want inside the van.
We're all here to share ideas for others to take inspiration from (y)

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
I cant fault it, the paint was brilliant stuff. Glad I went with halfords in the end👍
And I've been torn with roof bars on the van, I dont know whether I would like them or not! They would match with what I've got now my later down the line they wouldn't as I'm thinking about going 2 tone. White on top half, grey on bottom.
Just not anytime soon.
Remember they add height too, so may need to be careful with some barriered entrances.
I'm tempted with a 2 tone theme too, just love the look everytime I've seen one, not cheap though hey, or are you rattle canning it? o_O

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #473 ·
First time I've seen someone adding light brows call it the sleepy look 😂 (y)
Thats what I see it as😂
Also just makes the bonnet one continuous line like your van.

I've been thinking about wrapping it myself actually.
I can get the materials for around £150 - £200 and will just need a few extra tools to get it a good job and the obviously the prep work as well.
I've got the rear bumper I can practise on with filling in stone chips and scratches as if I do a **** job, I can send it to the body shop, if I do a good job then it'll stay and I'll feel better about doing the sanding and priming on the van!😳

·
Premium Member
3,723 Posts
I've done some vinyl wrapping on my previous car and would happily never do it again, just not got the patience.
You may take to it like a duck to water, some people just have the knack (y)

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #475 ·
Im hoping I can put through it and get it done.
I dont mind wrapping, just need to practise a little bit more before I go onto doing the van!

·
Registered
T5.1 t28
201 Posts
Good luck if you can wrap it. I know I couldn't, you want see my Christmas wrapping😲. Our old t4 van was multi tone. I'll have find a pic. Several shades of blue going up the van like a sky blue top. Some people loved it. I thought it was more tones than I could cope with😀. But pain if scratched it.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #477 ·
My Christmas wrapping is bad as well😂
Ill be more patient as I know that it's not get ripped off come 25th December😝
I bet that was a head turner to see that driving past!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I've done a couple of vinyl wraps in my old job and wrapped my old Lupo by myself which was a PITA!
I'd definitely get someone to help - just so you can stretch the sheet out over a panel and lay it down rather than trying to work from one point.
It's also worth practicing on something like the bonnet first. Creating a two-tone with a wrap would be a doddle but doing a full side would be pretty awkward laying up that much vinyl - you need a really clinically clean workspace otherwise you'll trap dust etc. underneath.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #479 ·
I think we have a large gazebo that can cover the van with side walls so that can be the clean area that it'll be completed in.
Ill have the other half probably help too with the wrapping.

461 - 479 of 479 Posts