VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
661 - 680 of 725 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #662 ·
Nice work Will! Looks absolutely spot on. So nice to see a well-cared for T5 and not a fakelifted job. I reckon the fog light strip will finish off the front end nicely.
Just getting him back to his former glory, if not better! He'll never be perfect but I'm happy with how he is looking, happier knowing he will be looking good for Busfest.
Needs another clean already though as we gone from hot, sunny weather, the rain! Pollen EVERYWHERE!😂

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Busfest was incredible bud! Absolutely amazing! The vans were awesome and the live bands on the night were incredible as well.
You would have had an amazing time but the one band is back for next year as well so you won't be missing out if you book next years😋
Sounds awesome Defo do next year Will

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #670 ·
Seems like I should unearth the thread and give people an update!

Wheels.... Still not done yet, been such a PITA but neither of our fault, long story short, a new wheel is ordered to make up for a one not being in the best of states for the painting, now I'll have 5 wheels with 1 being a spare!

A quick little upgrade to help me through the winter with muddy and malting horses
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Dub Glove seat covers! The other half has then onbher polo and they are brilliant, so I had to get a set for the van as ill be sticking with the single captians and double bench!

Also on the horizon, hopefully get it started tonight after work, installing the folding bracket for double seat! Had it for over a week now just waiting to go on and now I'm biting the bullet! Watch the video on Vankraft on how to install it and it's not as daunting as it may seem, looking forward to getting stuck in!

Also have things in mind for the sleeping area in the back of the van which will be updated soon!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
You will need to remove your seat cover/s on the folding seat bud as if it isnt a factory folder then you need to put a ply back in the seat 👍

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #672 ·
You will need to remove your seat cover/s on the folding seat bud as if it isnt a factory folder then you need to put a ply back in the seat 👍
Luckily, they can just slip on and off, put them on in the dark as well😂
Do they 100% need the ply wood back for support or not? Just because I'm eager as always and want to get them on😂
I can probably have a quick call in at the wood merchant and pick up say 9-12mm ply and cut it to the shape that's needed.

·
Premium Member
4,432 Posts
Interested to see what you have planned for the sleeping quarters Will :geek:

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #678 ·
Interested to see what you have planned for the sleeping quarters Will :geek:
Nothing major, just more updates to suit winter camping.
I'm making use of unused space when the bed is out, my plan is to have a storage place for the porta potty and a drawer that can have the portable gas stove inside, just to keep us from opening the doors to get out tea bags and such.
also with the addition of the folding bench, it will create a huge amount of space for moving around in the van as I've noticed its very cramped with the seat just in place as we push the drivers seat forwards.
and possibly, I might strengthen the bed up for my piece of mind, its lasted longer than I thought but a stronger and more sturdy frame will help me sleep better at night.

·
Premium Member
4,432 Posts
Nothing major, just more updates to suit winter camping.
I'm making use of unused space when the bed is out, my plan is to have a storage place for the porta potty and a drawer that can have the portable gas stove inside, just to keep us from opening the doors to get out tea bags and such.
also with the addition of the folding bench, it will create a huge amount of space for moving around in the van as I've noticed its very cramped with the seat just in place as we push the drivers seat forwards.
and possibly, I might strengthen the bed up for my piece of mind, its lasted longer than I thought but a stronger and more sturdy frame will help me sleep better at night.
Tweaking and refining then, making the best of the space available and getting clever with how things can work. (y)

Reactions: WillsT5Ted
661 - 680 of 725 Posts