VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
681 - 700 of 725 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #681 ·
Just updating on the folding seat bracket

The bench is now taken apart and is in 2 halves in the van😂
The bracket is providing a little bit of a pain with it not wanting to come out of the seat, wasn't the best to try and to do last night at half 10! So that stops that venture but with more work done than I expected.

This morning, I started on the back board for the seat.
Downloaded the template provided by vankraft and was very lucky to already have 5mm ply wood lying around in the perfect size.
Wood Art World Wall House

Loving how precise I need to be with the measurement of the board to make it spot on!
Wood Table Art Flooring Tints and shades

Didn't want to faff around with setting the jigsaw up so I I a bit inventive, as well with the limited space I have with the alloys now living in the workshop!😂
Decided to drill the holes around the radius for me to them work on sanding them down to be inline with the outline.
Blue Wood Red Art Font

I've done what I could to get things done😂
Hopefully tomorrow will bring either a bracket out of the seat or the finished board!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I have a captains base on the drivers seat and makes a nice space with double down and drivers seat spun around
Not a massive cost for the swivel base either bud 👍

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #683 ·
I have a captains base on the drivers seat and makes a nice space with double down and drivers seat spun around
Not a massive cost for the swivel base either bud 👍
Do you have the leisure battery under the drivers seat too as I'd have to be carful with clearance.

Would be a good addition to have to maximise the space to the fullest.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Leisure battery and amp and jack wheel brace wheel nuts for the spare (steel) wheel first aid kit tool kit all under the double +probably a few more things 😂

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #688 ·
Managed to finish off the folding seat tonight, straight from work and on the van! Making the most of of the dry weather!
Car Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle

The bench seat is a long comfier to sleep in now its reclined back that little bit more now.
Very happy I managed to get it all done tonight!
The fixed bracket was a little bit of a pain to get out and the same to put the new one in but it's all done now thankfully!😁

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #694 ·
I've had even more idea to do with the van also so they should be happening soon with the weather behaving and not wanting to rain!
Im going to get round to lining the barn doors and insulating them for the winter months if we decide to go out and camp!

·
Premium Member
4,432 Posts
I've had even more idea to do with the van also so they should be happening soon with the weather behaving and not wanting to rain!
Im going to get round to lining the barn doors and insulating them for the winter months if we decide to go out and camp!
Makes a big difference insulating and lining the rear doors, looks alone make it feel cosier.

Any clues regarding the more ideas or are they under tight wraps? :geek:

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #697 ·
Makes a big difference insulating and lining the rear doors, looks alone make it feel cosier.

Any clues regarding the more ideas or are they under tight wraps? :geek:
I was thinking having something magnetic in the place so we can still put our magnets up on show!
Might need some thin material to do so with a strong magnetic board.
But other than that, I'll do my best to match the material that's already lining the van, sound deaden and insulate them as that the last bad place that condensates as well, haven't done much winter sleeping so hopefully it'll make the van warmer

·
Premium Member
4,432 Posts
I was thinking having something magnetic in the place so we can still put our magnets up on show!
Might need some thin material to do so with a strong magnetic board.
But other than that, I'll do my best to match the material that's already lining the van, sound deaden and insulate them as that the last bad place that condensates as well, haven't done much winter sleeping so hopefully it'll make the van warmer
Have you insulated the roof lining at all? When I carpeted lined the panels I bunged in some of the recycled plastic I had left over figuring ever little helps.
You could add some metal and paint it or have it ppc in a colour, oh I don't know maybe a yellow? Or maybe wrap it in tartan, assuming the magnets are strong enough as the fabric is quite thick.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #699 ·
Have you insulated the roof lining at all? When I carpeted lined the panels I bunged in some of the recycled plastic I had left over figuring ever little helps.
You could add some metal and paint it or have it ppc in a colour, oh I don't know maybe a yellow? Or maybe wrap it in tartan, assuming the magnets are strong enough as the fabric is quite thick.
Roof only has the aluminium foil insulation there.
Thats a very good idea to have some of the tartan print there as I can ask for it to not have the foam backing as it will make it a lot thinner, and wrap that around a magnetic sheet of some sort.
The way I was thinking about going around d it was bonding a couple wooden beams with silicone to the door and using small screws to hole the board in place, that's for either side and allows me to get a bit more insulation in behind the boards.

681 - 700 of 725 Posts