VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
701 - 720 of 725 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #703 ·
This looks interesting! You going for a swamper style or just winter wheels?
Im thinking a bit of both.

I love the Range wheels I've got but I think a new home has been found for them.

Im seeing if these add more comfort to the drive, with potholes becoming more of an occurrence and being able to go over a bit rougher terrain without damaging the alloys. Not like green laning but just uneven carparks in the forests stuff like that so we can go a little more remote.

Will most likely need spacers on the wheels for the stance as I didn't like the wide van, skinny wheels look😂

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #709 ·
Well, its gone out the window me getting them on tonight!😂
The lamp im using dropped whilst I was in the garage and the bulb broke!

Im gutted!

ANYWAY!

A picture of what is to come!
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

I think the white ruins them unfortunately but I can always sand them down and keep them matte Black.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Now they look like they'll be the dogs danglies! As B&T says, I'd try them without the centres. But matt black centres for sure if you are gonna run the caps as they'll match the decals.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #713 ·
Yep 2nd that match the caps to the side decals
But lets have a look first 👍
Now they look like they'll be the dogs danglies! As B&T says, I'd try them without the centres. But matt black centres for sure if you are gonna run the caps as they'll match the decals.
Try them without the centres and see what they look like .
Its just about light now .....are they on yet ? :geek:🍿
Unfortunately the wheels are not on the van!

The bolts Ive got look dreadful so I'm not putting rusted bolts on new shiny wheels😅

Going to have to wait a little while which is going to kill me, knowing I've got the wheels!

So new bolts, spacers and a new light is needed!😂

Will have to sand the caps back and might paint them a satin black as they will look scuffed after the sanding, will try and do a chrome or white VW badge in the centre to make that stand out.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #714 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Light

This was without the centres and as you can see the state of the bolts that I've got!
But I've saved a fair bit on the wheels got one done for free as well as the tyres being fitted and balanced for free too!
Brilliant job the bloke has done!

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #715 ·
Feeling very lucky now, a van had been broke into on my estate last night, could easily have been my van!

Had it on the drive with my car in front of it but they could have been away with the steel wheels worth enough for them to be happy with!

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #717 ·
Will get some of that ordered!

Will be ordering 20mm spacers and they come with bolts so those old ones can be a spare set or be sold with my davenport wheels.

I guess its silver linings as ill have the wheels on once with the spacers to suit!

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #718 ·
Hubcentric 20mm spacers ordered, here for next week.

Hopeful for some spare time when the weather is somewhat good!

Then it's all guns blazing to get the wheels on.

I ordered some copper grease to put around the hub when the spacers go on, I'd that a good move? Just don't want anything seizing on there like I have with the last wheels!😂

701 - 720 of 725 Posts