VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
761 - 778 of 778 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,510 Posts
Yeah seems a lot of folk just opted for carpeting these van so it looks nice without putting in the graft to insulate. Does make a big difference when done properly (y)

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #771 ·
Automotive lighting Automotive design Audio equipment Gas Automotive exterior

Just updating with the recent addition to the van.

Still a decent list to be complete yet less and less time to get things done! Only just managed a wash of the car and van today!

Makes me happy seeing them lovely and shiny. The new wheels on the van really pop!

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #774 ·
Motor vehicle Car Automotive exterior Vehicle door Vehicle
Property Sky Wood Curtain Flooring

Again, following on with the disaster of lining in the van.

Cut through the lining already up to reveal a horrible 5mm ply board, with self tappers holding the board in place.

I dont get how people can be so lazy! Obviously just trying to get it done to make the van seem more post before it's sold!

Ran out of aluminium tape so more is on order so I can finish up the one side of the van.

More lining is to be ordered to cover the panels before that are put into the van, lots ro do but the difference will be night and day so looking forward to a van that will keep the heat in!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
At least now you've got the panels off you'll know it's been done right and there aren't any more horrors hiding away.
I HATE self-tapping screws anywhere on the van. In my mind, self-tappers are for wood. If it's going into metal then in my opinion it should be a proper metal fixing like a nut n bolt or rivnuts.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My van being an ex tradie van means the ply is held in with self tappers because thats how it was before and I reused the ply after tarting it up a bit (filler and sanded down etc) my wall ply wasn't as knackered as that though

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #778 ·
My van being an ex tradie van means the ply is held in with self tappers because thats how it was before and I reused the ply after tarting it up a bit (filler and sanded down etc) my wall ply wasn't as knackered as that though
I think ill definitely be replacing the ply, get everything done properly!
Its wired as its only 2 panels that I know that are using that ply, the rest is just hard board rather than the ply, and that stuff has actually been lined properly!

761 - 778 of 778 Posts