VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1065 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Great work on Ted Will, front end looks awesome and the cab is really looking more homely, very much less van like now. (y)

Reactions: WillsT5Ted

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,043 ·
Welcome back Pete!
Glad you're back actually, hopefully you're on a better track now with getting the use out of your bus!
Still got to take a picture of my interior as I'm a bit overdue on my promise of posting a picture!
One will be taken once I've fixed the roof panels as one decided it wanted to be on the floor on the way back from Santa pod! Will make a separate post for the Santa pod pictures!

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Thanks Will.
Getting away has re-ignited the need for reworking the interior, work is quietening down a little so hopefully I'll be able to get some designs worked up, only downside is the cost of materials has sored, the plywood I like to use has doubled in price. But you can't take it with you and we need to enjoy ourselves hey, work damn hard enough!
Wrapping the A pillars was a nice touch 😋
Aye get some more pics up, great to see the work and results you're getting (y)

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I think you can lay the blame for the soaring plywood prices directly at your own door Pete! - Brazil's rainforests didn't even have a deforestation issue until you started re-designing your interiors!! 😉😂

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
😂 I'll have you know that my rebuilds have used a lot of the original parts, the pull out bed was all new so yeah a coupe of ply sheets consumed. Next build will likely have solid oak worktop, ply, laminate and hessian...possibly...maybe...perhaps 😊

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,047 ·
I dread to think how much everything has gone up by! I was lucky to get the wood for my current set up at a decent price and didn't have to break the bank really! The mattress was the killer but even then! You can't put a price on comfort now can you!

Still need to get a swivel seat but might plan the purchases so I can get other jobs done at the same time so I'm not taking the same things out gain and again!

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
I'm still using an airbed as I don't want to fork out for a matress / cushions as I (not sure if anyone has noticed) keep changing my mind on the design. Only problem with an airbed is they can develop a leak as I found on my first night away, blew it up, it stayed up, woke up in the night with it flat as a pancake 😖

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
You need one of these pete
Been useing one for years spot on
As for timber prices i have just purchased 170sqm of siberian larch cladding since the last time I bought some its gone up considerably!!! Some sort of war on apparently 😕

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
You need one of these pete
Been useing one for years spot on
As for timber prices i have just purchased 170sqm of siberian larch cladding since the last time I bought some its gone up considerably!!! Some sort of war on apparently 😕
that looks rather interesting

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,053 ·
I had this in the van previously. On its own, it was horrendous!😂
Added a 3 inch topper mattress to that, was fine for a few more times camping.
I still do use the folding mattress occasionally, not in the van, and it's ok if you have hard floor. So would be good on solid ply rather than slats.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Go for a Milliard tri-folding mattress. They do them in 10 or 15cm thickness and from small single (75cm width) up to double/king size. I have two of the small singles to make up a full width mattress.
I don't need a mattress topper anymore! 😊

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,055 ·
Finally, pictures people have been waiting for of the door cards and the headliner!
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Car

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Plant Shade

So much cosier driving the van now, both at night and in the day! The sunstrip doesn't stand out anymore on the inside as it feels like an extended roof! So much better!!
B pillars will be next when I get round to it! I do need to rejig the electrics around under the seats and maybe install a diesel heater too!

1041 - 1060 of 1065 Posts