VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, thinking of defecting to the dark side and juping into a T5.

Kids too big for a camper now really so after a bit of lux instead and am thinking high end Caravelle (might whack a pop top and a removable ethanol stove/mini fridge unit in and just a massive awning).

But for everyday/weekend use just after a really cool high spec' peeps carrier.

So liking the 174 BHP Velle Execs; but of the few I've noted, not sure what spec' came as standard and what were options. Only seen a couple with the ABT kits for example so assuming this dealer option but did they all come with the twin sliders etc? And they electric doors as standard, or agin was this an option? You know the kind of thing.

What expcted price range max-min and what if any drawbacks over a simpler option (aside from insurance costs etc).

Cheers for your wisdom oh learned ones.:ILU:T::ILU:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Execs are standard with electric sld's, and SE not.
My SE has power latching on the sld's which is standard, but is the new model.
Unsure about 2003-2009 models.

All caravelles have twin SLD's

T:

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have recently purchased a 174 executive auto caravelle and can only say i should have done this years ago. they are very practicle and are ideal if you have kids and if you want to convert it into a van just take the seats out. the only thing i would get that i have not got is a multi function steering wheel .

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an Exec and sliding doors are standard, went a bit overboard with the options list so if you're ever near Newbury come and have a look
Matt
Hey Matt, Thanks for invite. Yes I am often Newbury way as I travel all over for my business. In fact this is a sneeky reason for wanting the Exec. told the Mrs that worth parting with her beloved T4 Multivan in favour of commat a bit more opulent for the skool runs then phase 2 = swap it with my business Passat Wagon! Voila! Oh I am awful!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
ive got caravelle 174 exec with twin electric sliding doors 6 captains seats dvd in roof,fridge, heated seats, sun roof,electic mirrors,in fact everything is electric,tiptonic, sportline spoiler and grill sportline alloys had it a year now and still in love

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about the pull down kiddies seats? Were these available just on the middle captains? I see some have a fat pull down section on the middle rear - just a big arm rest/table or is there a kiddie seat version too? How rare etc?

·
Registered
161 Posts
What about the pull down kiddies seats? Were these available just on the middle captains? I see some have a fat pull down section on the middle rear - just a big arm rest/table or is there a kiddie seat version too? How rare etc?
I have the new version of the booster seats which no longer have the pull down bit, just the booster bit, and yes just the middle captains seats. The arm rest bit in the middle of the rear bench is an er... armrest :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts