VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today the temperature gauge has stopped working completely. It didn't move after a 45 minute run on the motorway and another 15 minutes in traffic. My van is a 2006 2.5tdi BNZ engine.

Has anyone had this issue before? Anyone know where to start looking, coolant temperature sensor I guess, but I think there are two, if my googling has been correct, one on the rad and one near the manifold.

Any ideas which one is the likely culprit or could there be another cause?

thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it would be the most awkward one to get to.

Any suggestions on the best part supplier to get a new one? Are the usual generic replacements from the likes of gsf and eurocraparts ok?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I'd go to either your local TPS or main dealer. The sensor is not expensive, (get a new O-ring & plastic clip too - just in case !!). You could plug it in first to see if your gauge starts working.
You can probably get one from Ebay if you really want, but I wouldn't trust them to be honest.
I've had one fail & it didn't show up on VCDS when that was plugged in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I wasn't aware of TPS. I will give them a call to get the sensor, clip and seal

I read another post that the manifold needs to come off to access the sensor in the head, is that right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers everyone, going to get both sensors ordered and have a crack next weekend. Looks like one of my glowplugs is also faulty according to the code that came up today.

So whilst I take everything apart I might as well change the glow plugs too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So today the temperature gauge has stopped working completely. It didn't move after a 45 minute run on the motorway and another 15 minutes in traffic. My van is a 2006 2.5tdi BNZ engine.

Has anyone had this issue before? Anyone know where to start looking, coolant temperature sensor I guess, but I think there are two, if my googling has been correct, one on the rad and one near the manifold.

Any ideas which one is the likely culprit or could there be another cause?

thanks in advance for your help
did you managed to sort your gauge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts