VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help finding a sensor switch!
I have a 2002 VW T4 1.9TD 800 Special ABL Engine,
My temperature gauge needle has never worked, so I am trying to locate the temperature sensor, after looking serval times going back and forth for help on the web, I still can't find it!
If any one has a video to instruct/point out the location of this sensor that would be great help!
It seems to be well hidden wherever it is!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Looking for help finding a sensor switch!
I have a 2002 VW T4 1.9TD 800 Special ABL Engine,
My temperature gauge needle has never worked, so I am trying to locate the temperature sensor, after looking serval times going back and forth for help on the web, I still can't find it!
If any one has a video to instruct/point out the location of this sensor that would be great help!
It seems to be well hidden wherever it is!
Number 9 on this diagram pal.
Temp sender 1.9ABL.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bingley, number 9 is the one for my temperature gauge?

I have seen this before and still had no luck finding.
I thought that it was a vertical one on passenger side from what I heard, and you have to access it from underneath?

So mabye I was looking in the wrong place, I'll have another good look again in the morning.

If this is the correct part to fix my Temperature gauge then would anyone have the part number I need for the type of van?

Many thanks again!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks Bingley, number 9 is the one for my temperature gauge?

I have seen this before and still had no luck finding.
I thought that it was a vertical one on passenger side from what I heard, and you have to access it from underneath?

So mabye I was looking in the wrong place, I'll have another good look again in the morning.

If this is the correct part to fix my Temperature gauge then would anyone have the part number I need for the type of van?

Many thanks again!
According to VagCat that is the one you need mate.

·
Registered
288 Posts
These are all the options for number 9 in VagCat just realised you were an ABL mate sorry about that.

(9) 074 919 501 temperature sensor
for coolant temperature gauge 4 pin
brown
20MM 1 ABL

(9)701 919 369 C temperature sensor with switch
for coolant temperature gauge
and/or
additional coolant pump -- + 93/88C
4 pin
blue/white
20MM 1 ABL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you!
I'm guessing it's going to be one of those two then and I check once I found it by the colour of it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts