VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

As some you you all know i've had a crash and am thinking through my options from here.

I had a 10/20mph head on with a landrover and damaged the van radiator, all front gear and right wing. All the water drained out and I immediately turned off the engine after the crash. I 'think' it was still ticking after..

What I need to know is if I can start the van with no water (as the radiator is dead) for a few seconds to see if the engine timing is still in. Will I damage it further? What can I do (at little cost) to find out if the engine timing has jumped?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okey doky .. will fire it up tomorrow then and see I:
Cheers

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turn it over by hand first just to make sure timing hasnt jumped then start her up
Yep I was going to first. My main concern is a bit of camblet cover dropped in there and I can't find it now. Still i'm off to Bestival now so will look at it Tuesday I:

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
its quite common for cars to be started up and moved around bodyshops while being repaired- as has been said as long as its not run for any length of time it will be fineT:-

having said that there are cars about now that will not allow the engine to run without the correct coolant/ oil level but your van isn't one of them;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts