Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Hope they are being charged Per Post.....:*

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are at it again - mods.

Half of my lasts post page is taken up by post / ads from Tidy Transporters.

Come on mods part of the deal for me paying subs is no ads :no

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Thanks a lot Tidy Transporters for swamping our New Posts view :*
I take it you don't need any Windows then? I can't fit any more windows in my Caravelle, apart from in the roof.

T.T. Please can you spam with sun-roof options?

Bit of feedback for you, you are pithing people off with your postings T:

·
Super Moderator
9,192 Posts
It's all within his own section :* as its not a banner you can't hide tidy t's posts unless you put him in your ignore list.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's all within his own section :* as its not a banner you can't hide tidy t's posts unless you put him in your ignore list.
Ignore list it is then.

The problem he causes is that he makes multiple posts at once, as if he is using a feed tool, that then blocks out the New Posts search with blocks or even multiple pages of his posts.

Hardly in the spirit of things and more like spamming.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I'll do that then to, seems like a crazy advertising technique to spam people to the point where they block your postings :*

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nah - done that. Tonight @ 20:45 my New Post result is 50% blocked out by them again :mad:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Nah - done that. Tonight @ 20:45 my New Post result is 50% blocked out by them again :mad:
It's not working for me either, put on my blocked list, still seeing this spam. I don't need any more windows, I'm happy using a key to open each of my doors.

I am a fully paid up member, I don't want to see this filling the new posts section. :*

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Forums arent suited to commercial advertising, its always going to be a bad compromise. Problems like this happen wherever this mix of activity happens.

There are other software options for proper advertising, but the outfit that own this place havent really covered themselves in glory recently, they couldnt even keep up with proper security and then leave the local mods to deal with running a flawed system, so dont expect anything to change.

In fact the commercial bottom line of the site probably matters far more to whoever oversees it than anything any of us have to say.

Being a sponsor shouldnt be a ticket of entitlement to flooding the membership with ad posts.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,170 Posts
While it is annoying, it is only for a short period every now and then and they disappear (unlike another forum I use where one section full of politics used to swamp the "unread posts" view, (but a request to admin had you able to opt out that section and not see the dross, but I digress)).

Th advertisers can an neccessary evil of running a free forum, as someone needs to pay for it, and to be fair, they are posting in their own section.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
While it is annoying, it is only for a short period every now and then and they disappear (unlike another forum I use where one section full of politics used to swamp the "unread posts" view, (but a request to admin had you able to opt out that section and not see the dross, but I digress)).

Th advertisers can an neccessary evil of running a free forum, as someone needs to pay for it, and to be fair, they are posting in their own section.
It isn't free. I paid my subs one major benefit of which is to get rid of unwanted advertising so that I can "see the wood for the trees".

And as we are saying above the opt out doesn't work.

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,170 Posts
It isn't free. I paid my subs one major benefit of which is to get rid of unwanted advertising so that I can "see the wood for the trees".

And as we are saying above the opt out doesn't work.
The opt-out I mentioned I said was on another forum.
The forum IS free. You choose to optionally pay (as do I) and that allows extra rights, such as removal of banner adverts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts