VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
The opt-out I mentioned I said was on another forum.
Sorry I misunderstood - but it isn't working here.

The forum IS free. You choose to optionally pay (as do I) and that allows extra rights, such as removal of banner adverts.
A question of semantics. I grant you it is free in cash terms but in exchange you give screen real estate, view & concentration time and pleasure & benefit to the advertisers and one way or another that has value.

Point taken it does include banner advertising. However taking it one step further the rules for traders advertising on the forum have a "fair use" clause ;

"VWT4 Forum Traders are now also permitted to advertise parts in the Parts For Sale forum. This is subject to a fair use policy with the intention of preventing the section becoming overloaded with parts from the same trader. If it appears as though too many parts are advertised for sale from one trader at any one time, posts may be deleted. Please exercise common sense in this area."

So perhaps it is about time this was enforced?

·
Want Electrics? Go Wildebus!
8,174 Posts
I am not saying you are wrong to get annoyed - and on this other forum I mentioned it was terrible. And the amount of abuse I got there from some users there for suggesting people may not actually want to see pages and pages of dross listed (sarcastic comments such as "my 10 year has learned to not read what he is not interested in. Maybe you could try that?", etc.) was unreal (and mostly from the dross-generators).
So I really do get it. And your last quoting is not one I was aware of, and is interesting to read T:
With the Tidy Transporter thing, I see a couple of pages of it, but then, very shortly, it does just disappear, at least on my iPad when I click "new posts". Not sure if I have a particular setting (not aware I set one up?) but I see it as a temporary annoyance that clears itself within a short (30 mins or so) time. I wonder if different browser platforms work in different ways?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts