VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my van from Central VW Audi in Ellesmere Port yesterday, and thought I'd put a brief post on here to say how great the service provided was.

I had already ordered a performance clutch from Sachs in Germany, and so my van was delivered to Simon with clutch and new side exit exhaust for him to fit.

All in all, had new flywheel, Sachs clutch, water pump, timing belt kit, stainless steel custom downpipe made up by Russ Fellows, and various gaskets and other small bits fettled and replaced. On top of that, the hybrid turbo that I'd bought from Mozzer (hybridised by C R Turbos) was apparently throwing oil down the old downpipe. So, that went up to AET Turbos for checking.

Good news about the turbo was that AET gave the big thumbs up to the work that C R Turbos had done, one minor mod that was necessary being the blanking of an oil feed. It came back with new seals and nice and shiny having been shot blasted (hot side).

So, the drive home was great and all is well and Simon called today to make sure that everything was ok. I can't recommend Central enough. His knowledge about VAG engines is vast and as he himself said he 'doesn't like to do a job twice'. Anything extra that needed doing along the way was done, with Simon always happy to talk it through on the phone.

Nice one :ILU:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Picked up my van from Central VW Audi in Ellesmere Port yesterday, and thought I'd put a brief post on here to say how great the service provided was.

I had already ordered a performance clutch from Sachs in Germany, and so my van was delivered to Simon with clutch and new side exit exhaust for him to fit.

All in all, had new flywheel, Sachs clutch, water pump, timing belt kit, stainless steel custom downpipe made up by Russ Fellows, and various gaskets and other small bits fettled and replaced. On top of that, the hybrid turbo that I'd bought from Mozzer (hybridised by C R Turbos) was apparently throwing oil down the old downpipe. So, that went up to AET Turbos for checking.

Good news about the turbo was that AET gave the big thumbs up to the work that C R Turbos had done, one minor mod that was necessary being the blanking of an oil feed. It came back with new seals and nice and shiny having been shot blasted (hot side).

So, the drive home was great and all is well and Simon called today to make sure that everything was ok. I can't recommend Central enough. His knowledge about VAG engines is vast and as he himself said he 'doesn't like to do a job twice'. Anything extra that needed doing along the way was done, with Simon always happy to talk it through on the phone.

Nice one :ILU:
I can vouch for that too, he put a smf and a hd clutch kit in my van 4 years ago cos it was slipping and its been fine ever since 40k and still going strong and its pp,d too, Top fella he isT:

·
Registered
436 Posts
How've you found the SMF Richie?
No bother at all, no slip, , you get a bit of judder in reverse when engine is stone cold but thats a very minor flaw imo, its all down to the way the clutch is fed in and all vans are different especialy ones that have been remapped and pp,d with varying amounts of power and torque, all commanding different amounts of gas pedal depression to clutch pedal balance. Mines done 40k now and still feels the same as the day it was fitted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts