VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up to a thick covering and flakes the size of saucers… :eek: ….ground's wet so it's not really lying……yet! My poor little van! :(

Currently jealous of all the Southerners lol. Probably balmy in Kent and Sunny happiness in Cornwall!
Cheers

·
Premium Member
10,679 Posts
Essex is "pleasant yet fresh" and a bit on the sunny side today - however i'm jealous of you....love the snow :cool:

·
Literally, white van man
4,071 Posts
:) And I'll bet all the schools and shops are open, everyone got to work ok, down here, if someone says snow, everyone seems to lose the plot LOL:

Chris

Yeowvelle, Sunny but fresh ;)

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Bcos of a small covering of snow in Manchester this morning ive finally called autoglass to get my chip filled *<:)> Its free so why not and they come to your work (if you dont move about)

Thread Jack: First year of owning my T4 and i have a question regarding handling in the snow, how is it? I have a bmw which i know is no-good being rear wheel driven...the plan is to use my van instead when the snow gets bad, but i have heard of others on here claim the van isnt too great in the snow.

Obviously all of this is down to tyres (size, type etc) and both my BMW and Van have low profile all season tyres and im hoping to not spend on winter tryes for either. Worst case scenario is I use my 15 steelies with all season tyres.... :confused:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Fair bit of snow over here in Tain too mate, Im hoping for more so i can strap bits of wood to my feet and head up the cairngorms!

Abyss, I have a 2001 swb t4 and in the snow here the past couple of days the van is actually not very good! :( However once i stick my winter tyres back on the van it's brilliant in the white stuff. I was lucky enough to get a set of winters on steels when I bought the van last winter so im lucky that I didnt have to shell out for the expensive things!

Paul.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts