VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not as easy as YouTube makes out, first time I ever did it with a bit of help from my mate Bob. Only advice I can give is read the build threads, read more and have the right tools. First window was a struggle but the second was far easierT:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi , good job!

Can I ask where you got the glass for your van and the cost, just about to start a conversion myself.

Thanks in advance

Jason

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry for hijacking, Great job on the windows by the way, I can confirm also that I found it a little harder than youtube suggested.

I used a jigsaw, and just kept changing the blade and taping the cut every so often to help minimise the vibration. I found the jigsaw to be very neat. I didn't read the instructions enough thought as I spent a lot of time making the initial cut perfect where there is another cut inline with the internal frame after - so I got demoralised very quickly!!

Also - I panicked when applying the bonding, it was taking a lot - and I mean hand cramping amounts of effort - to get the damned stuff out of the tube! it took me ages just to line the bottom of the window so I panicked thinking its going off and shoved the window glass on - and guess what ... it leaks (no surprise)

But I'm much more optimistic on getting the second window correct and I'm going to obviously remove this one and redo it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.