VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey fellow addicts, I've been meaning to have a bash at this for some time now-so here goes!

So to start with I have always loved camping, but in June 2009 on a particulary cold, wet & miserable camping weekend the addiction began!!!

The morning after-

It had rained all night long, I had a stinking hangover & whist stuffing my soaking wet tent into the boot of my car I noticed in the corner of my eye THE T4!. This was a fully converted white VW T4 swb. I got into my car soaked head to toe feeling pretty sorry for myself.:(
I then saw the owner (who might I add-was very,very dry) casually open up his sliding door, jump into the drivers seat & off he set!.

Following this camping session my mind was set-I had to have one!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

At home whilst trawling the internet I realised that I couldnt afford a fully converted campervan straight out, so conversion was my only option!.

So after weeks of trawling ebay & getting out-bid at the last second-I got It!!!!!!!A:

I never really knew what I was getting myself in for:confused: But anyway here's some pics that followed-

Interior carpeted.

Bonnet bra on to hide all those nasty stone chips.

Curtains from Van-X.

Got rid of those nasty blue side decals, purchased some wind deflectors, stuck on a couple of stickers.

Got myself a rock & roll bed from a nice chap in Leeds, then me & me Mum upholstered it (brilliant):D

Swivel seat in (which was a bitch to fit)

Made myself & awning out of camo tarp.

Got work to make me some side bars from 76.1 tube for 50 squid & new side decals & off me & the Mrs went to Camperjam.

Cracking weekend!

After yet another particularly harsh winter..............

More & more rust was appearing and a full re-spray was desperately needed........

I couldnt believe these were the same wheels.................

Spoiler from fleebay............................

Different beast................................

Back end looking good!

Painted & pimped! (SHAME ABOUT THE PIC)

New Vynal floor in purchased from VW FLOORZ @ Dubfreeze!

New unit purchased from Norton conversions (very nice chap-John Grice).

Spit charge system purchased fro Autosparks off here..sooooo helpful and the kit is unbelievably easy to set up & use AWSEOME!

Check out this link

Just in time for a camping session

Bus, Mrs & Pooch @ Alstonfield

Manyfold Inn campsite

Got some side bars from Veedubs of here(great price) really easy to fit!!!

To be continued....................................................

·
Formerly known as marcus250
871 Posts
Awesome looking bus you got there! Just curious what sorta price did that respray cost?? Looking to get our bus done soon which will be body, bumpers and mirrors. Non metallic colour though but just after rough prices and where to take it to get done!

Keep the pics coming! T:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome looking bus you got there! Just curious what sorta price did that respray cost?? Looking to get our bus done soon which will be body, bumpers and mirrors. Non metallic colour though but just after rough prices and where to take it to get done!

Keep the pics coming! T:
How do Markus,

It cost me approx 1600 squid for re-spray, alloys refurbed, spoiler fitted, Cam belt & tinted windows side/rear.

The company that did mine are based in Adderley Green, Stoke-on-Trent called the Bongo clinic but they do more VW's than Bongo's.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Great looking van and well done on the work. T:
Been thinking about my own 'build' thread and after seing this I am definately going to do something.

·
Registered
36 Posts
you still got those side bars? As i see you have bought some of the torpedo ones, if your old ones are laying around how much you want for them? pm me :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you still got those side bars? As i see you have bought some of the torpedo ones, if your old ones are laying around how much you want for them? pm me :)
Hey, I left my side bars at Ian's bodyshop mate-If he still has them you can have them foc. They just need a clean up with wire wool or painting/powder coating. The fixing brackets are still on my van so will have to meet you.T:
T:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts