VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

3001 - 3019 of 3019 Posts

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
Why am I not surprised by another housing bubble related mis-selling banking scheme that has all the hallmarks of a Ratners necklace?

What ever happened to saving up for stuff? Living within your means? Not trusting a sharp suited salesman who says you can have it all today and pay for it sometime later? Or maybe roll up the loan and put it off again? How can you be richer if your house has gone up in value and you're still in it?

It beggars belief that even seemingly intelligent people can treat something as simple as a home like a commodity and borrow more money against an arbitrary value of something they still haven't paid off.

The only time property becomes a commodity is when your relatives are scrapping over the terms of your will.

Here's the bad news for my relatives. My will is divvied up largely between the RNLI and the local cancer charity. What else you get depends on how often you come and visit me when I've lost all my hair, my marbles and my sense of humour and and the overriding memory of your visit is the smell of rich tea biscuits and wee. :D

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,003
Materialism.
It's an illusion. That benefits those who own and print the money.

Buy more stuff and we'll even lend you the money.
Plus interest of course. T:

Now most people spend their lives paying mortgages and car loans.
And none of that interest existed before the loan.
But just appeared out of thin air the moment that agreement was signed.

I agree to pay back something that has never existed. Until now.
I agree to spend my life doing sh!t I hate in order to repay that which only exists in the minds of the bankers.
Even if I know that there is not enough physical money to cover it.
Knowing full well that it will lead to a fanancial collapse at some point in the future as it can never be paid off.
Just show me Sarah Beanie's t!ts and what kind of house it is that I need to create.
Even if it takes me 15 years just to pay off the interest that still doesn't exist.
I know it's a waste of time. But it's my life. And I will do as the telly tells me.

·
Registered
15,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,004 (Edited)
I am free.

Free to buy a semi detached house.
Free to decorate it from a wide range of fabulous things from B&Q
Free to live my life as I see fit.

Until 7am when I need to leave to go to do something I absolutley hate in order that I may pay for all this Sh!t
And 7pm when I get back in.

So for the two hours a day I am awake enough to enjoy the house I need to leave in order to afford.
I watch simulated and synthesised reality on a box that I got on a 5 year purchase plan.
This helps me forget about how sh!t my life is during the day.
And fills me with behavioural placements and thought processes that I re-enact during the day.
Which also allows me to interact with other worker drones on my allowed break time.
It's either fictional stories or games played by grown men. As long as it's not the very nature of my reality.

I simply can't wait to wake up to be sold more stuff by the radio as I wait in a line of unpaid for cars filled with people chasing the same dream.
But slowly. From a traffic jam.

The dream?
To still be alive when all this [email protected] is payed for.
to still believe it was all worth it.
To have children that aren't materialistic enough to choose money over love and dump you in a home.
Where the NHs can starve you to death on a pathway to heaven.
Because even tho you have paid into it all your life. They can't afford to keep you.

·
Registered
981 Posts

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
Yep...read that a while ago. No wonder May is doing her best to supress the child abuse enquiry, when her own father was probably part of that abuse. Typical Tory scum

·
Bercow fan club
10,250 Posts
3001 - 3019 of 3019 Posts