VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
After many hours reading very generous members threads on here I'm ready to start kitting out my new t4 2.5tdi SWB... exAA!

She already owes me a grand in getting her road worthy but now, with Megavanmats carpet and insulation ready I'm going to attack the internals... are there any local exAA members?

Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Fatboy35 and Stick... glad you liked the DIY Photoshop look! H:
Stick that's a great looking van... understated and classic, did you lower that or do the 17" wheels fill the arches?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thank you Fatboy35 and Stick... glad you liked the DIY Photoshop look! H:
Stick that's a great looking van... understated and classic, did you lower that or do the 17" wheels fill the arches?
Thanks Jerry! 'Understated' because I haven't done all the things I'd like to do... side bars, wind deflectors, B pillars, tinted side windows, oh how the list goes on!

It's lowered 40mm on Eibach springs. Wheels are 17" RS4 reps, ET35, with 225/50 tyres. I tow a caravan so the wheel / suspension set up had to be practical and I think I've achieved a nice balance. Works for me anyway!

Good luck with yours bud. Keep us posted... T:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again Stick, I think this odyssey will never end by the sounds of it (as long as the money flows).

That link is great, thank you.. none of my interior lights work so tackling that whilst insulating for now, maybe I should just run everything off a LB and split charger for future mods?

I'm itching to lower and get new wheels/tyres... the choice is overwhelming but 17" with 225/50 sounds popular... I need to move with everything I own to Sweden this year so maybe not a good idea with that weight?

Think I'll get some wind deflectors while I think... should keep me cool for now as it don't half get hot it there after a 800mile trip last week!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Might be worth postponing the lowering until after you move, however the Eibachs are heavy duty progressive springs. I've been really impressed by them; sensative on minor bumps, but when the compression gets to the heavier coils, capable of carrying a fair old weight in the back. Oh decisions decisions!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
very tempting... might just have to wait for the next pay cheque!

Jsut a quick question: is it ok to have wiring ontop of insulation, there isn't a fire risk etc?

I'm fitting the usual thermowrap then insulation board to the sides and just thermowrap on the ceiling and then carpeting the metal work and panels... but stalling on the electrics until I get a help. So when ready will take off the panels and finish the wiring job.

Thank you!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts