VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Have started doing bits n bobs as and when i get the time T:
First its a 2000 2.5 TDI. just spent a few quid on oil seals ,timing belt kit,water pump,oil pump,bottom c/s pully,magic tree(black ice ) LOL: attacked the rust and got most of it sorted . so that got her on the road and it passed mot ...A: so im happy .

Have got two x limo tint windows thanks to ( tidytransporters )A:will be looking at fitting them soon once i know how , also got the carpet from (megavanmats) very happy with quality just need to get it fitted , took a rattle can to front of van just to take the bad look off it :).

Started to take the ply out of the back and was surprised at how clean the panels are

need to get the floor up and ave a look at that ,and get it insulated ,but the weather is keeping me in so the ps3 is getting a bashin lol .

So big thanks to tidytransporters, megavanmats for your fantastic service T:
And also to all the info on this site A:

Have been in touch with dave from cannonsforge for a 3/4 frame + belts as reading the reviews on hear this seems the way to go :cool:.

Will add as i progress with the build

·
Registered
205 Posts
Looking good there bud *<:)>

Think a lot of us are waitin for the weather to change
got a loads to do to mine yet and me ps3 is gettin sum stick aswell LOL:

nige :ILU:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the really slow build is moving on ,Got some flash banding done ,got the 10m x 100 ml stuff from BnQ and is easy to apply .

Got some 50ml and 25ml polisterine for the sides .taped up the edges to clean it up abit,and to stop possable sqeeking:eek:also got the silver bubble insulation installed.Went for a test run and i can report it was sqeek free A:

Oh took the jigsaw out and started on the drivers side window was a bit hesatent at first but got it done ,still not fitted the glass yet waiting a dry day plus time to get it done .yet :( ,hopfully start the passenger side soon but STILL waiting on rubber seal/surrond as the one supplied is 8inch short :* can gain approx another 4inch if i stretch it I:but still aint fitting

Got rest of van insulated plus the roof im happy , so far so good .

Have got most of megavanmats carpet installed really good quaity carpet to work with ...will upload more pics later .
Oh and received my cannons fordge 3/4 bed in inca T: will get pics of that when i install it ;)

·
Registered
396 Posts
looking good mate , I got to carpet mine soon . Did your carpet come with glue?? are they reasonable priced , ive been looking on ebay but mite give megavanmats a try :)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
v tidy, mate - good job - like the headliningT:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Hi All,
just a wee update been a while since i got a chance to do bits to the bus I:
got the smev unit fixed in and today i fitted both pass and driver seat swivels (fasp)well chuffed with them .

also got autosparks HD split charge system and batt charger but still to fit those:D

still need to do 240v sockets and wire up some led lights :confused: have yet to choose those .

all good so far T:
well maybe not have a problem on which wheels to keep I:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hi All,
Have a wee update nothing special as suspension or engine mods just a gas tank so i can get them brews on and poss some super noodles T:after much thought and saving i decided to go for this 200 x 20 Ltr Gas It Horizontal Vapour tank (200mm x 717mm in size ) :) they do larger tanks but due to clearance issues i thought id stay small , was for fitting as large as possable in ltr but wasnt happy with clearance issues so played it safe with this one .it also leaves room for a waste tank .

not too many spots under a t4 to mount it :confused: so settled for pass side

could have done with a ramp but managed I: tie rap was to hold as i fixed on the tanks straps

Filler point left of pic ,filler hose goes behind tank and connects to tank right of pic .
Might move this to back of van with longer hose .

Put gas pipe in flexi conduit for some protection

all i need to do now is drop it on the bump stops :eek: only kidding

Eibachs next still undecided on shocks but the gaz shocks keep shouting at me;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
hi hugabug,looking at your build pics great stuff,are the curtains sliding on that plastic coated spring wire stuff,or is it a rail..looks smartT:...good luck george

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello mate, liking your headlining, did you put a fleece blanket under the duvet cover? Did you use spray glue to fix? Only asking as i used a duvet cover too, glued it straight onto the hardboard headlining and am not too happy with the result- got some ripples and went a bit see through

1 - 20 of 171 Posts