VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just started on ours, spent a day stripping out the two sets of ply lining and wore a cheap star screwdriver in the process. I bought screwfix silver insulation its a little bit more but thicker than wickes and B& Q, two rolls. Used it in the vauxhall combo and it was great. So today lined the floor, and put the ply back in which was a bugger couldnt find the original screw holes but I didnt like to make new ones. Did get there in the end. Got the insulation in between roof struts too.

Feeling quite proud of myself. I was a framemaker upholsterer before i did my back and this is the first van ive had the chance to play with by myself its always been sofas and chairs.

In the combo we insulated, boarded and carpeted it but this time, I want to board only and try some paint effects. Can only do so much while we wait for windows. Love my little van but its just a bed on wheels wanted a Caddy maxi because its just that little bit bigger so can take some cupboards so i wont need to put the awning up everytime we go anywhere.

Will be watching your conversion with interest . Ive been taking photos but have trouble posting pics.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Looking forward for updates.
Thank you for your comment T:

I've fitted coilovers to the Caddy.
I'll post some photos up soon.
I have them on my old phone, that has a broken screen :(

The Caddy is waiting for me to finish other projects first, then I'll be back on it!

It's more a case of getting it painted now.

I've picked a colour :cool:

Can't wait to share it with you :ILU:

Thanks T:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi guys, it's been awhile.

Just to say the Caddy Project is.......

Just for now. As I'm busy with my house / Work and my other Projects.

Here she is....

Dust collecting.

Fitted a radio facia, of all things LOL:

I'm trying to find the coilover photos.
I'll try and upload them soon.

Just to save you getting too bored, maybe check out my other project on here in the Syncro Section T:

The Single Cab Syncro Project

Stay tuned. It'll get finished eventually I:

Cheers

21 - 27 of 27 Posts