VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally done it!! got myself a nice T4!! Its only a 1.9TD, but its only 87k on the clock and bodywork is near mint!! Think I got it for a good price?!

Side windows where allready in (proffessionally done) coded mirrors and bumpers. It has 17in alloys and I dont know if its been lowered? doesnt look like it?

The boards and mat will come in handy for cutting the ply :)

My first job was flashtape it. I decided against covering everything, just used 3 rolls, and added 'bulk' to the panels to reducing the vibrating. Next was to waxoyl the inside... This is the messyest job ever!! it got everywhere!! and I completely forgot not to do the framework... this will have to be scrubbed off now before carpet goes on now...

Waxoyl took a good 5 days to set properly, and it stinks!! I then had the doors all open at every oppertunity. Two weeks on, and the smell is still there alittle..

Next job was to put the foil Bubble wrap down (because its now like an faux ice rink in back due to wax!!) before i put the ply down. I'm using one of the panels to step on at mo, as to not damage/pop it whilst i fit the celotex.

I'm worried about this...

But is mega cold at mo, I'm bring damp into the van and the bottom of sliding door seal missing, so not air tight... I put some bubble wrap up once I dried it. Will have to check if its still building up behind before i ply line it.. but hey, thats what the waxoyling was for...

·
Banned
10,253 Posts
What do you mean.. it's only a 1.9td, they are the best to have, others on here will have you believe that the 2.5 are better, better at what, costing more to maintain, costing more to insure, and more difficult to run on alternative fuel, they're quicker but have you been on our roads lately, you're lucky if you can hit sixty. I bought mine because of personal preference and have just achieved 43mpg just pottering, no long runs, and that can't be bad. Enjoy your van it looks a good un...

·
Registered
487 Posts
father crismas came through for yoiu......and there nowt wrong with the 1.9td will run for every if looked after mine has got 235tho on the clock and still goin strongT:T:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys,I'm well proud if it!! I got some stick for gettin the 1.9,but I'm happy with it :) havnt experience real 'hills' yet,but I'm sure she'll be fine!! Can't wait till the weather warms up!

This forum is a godsend,I thanks each and everyone of you who has contributed,& I'l try & give as much info back!

Gem x

·
Somebody stop me!
11,966 Posts
Search 1.9 project power or have a look through the engine section. I went the wole hog with mine (uprated injector pump as well as the tweaks and intercooler) and it would eat most 2.5tdi's for breakfast and easilly too T:T:T:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, easy to liberate another 15-20 horsies for free!!! WHOOOOOOSH!!!!!! ;)
I may have a chat to you about that in the near future... :)

Search 1.9 project power or have a look through the engine section. I went the wole hog with mine (uprated injector pump as well as the tweaks and intercooler) and it would eat most 2.5tdi's for breakfast and easilly too T:T:T:
And I'l read in to this! Thanks

luv the wheels which ones are they fella T:
No idea...!!????! they was on the van when i got it :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
hi will be looking that up is it expensive to do?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Started putting the wiring in place today, so I can crack on with the carpet and boarding (roll on payday!!) My mate is an auto electrician, so i left him to it just providing cups of tea and bacon sandwiches!!

Unsure what lighting to go for... any suggestions?? and I'm guessing i need separate circuits for 12v leisure & 240v hook up? therefore different lights??

1 - 20 of 53 Posts