VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
so....my rev counter is dead and my oil pressure light is on (V reg 2.5 tdi T4)....common to a lot of people, it has been a problem for about 3 years now, however i havent managed to fix it, (mainly due to being sent to Afghanistan twice, Iraq, 2 kids etc etc), i have just got back from the desert and have finally decided to attempt to fix it....this is what i have tried so far (from reading this forum throughout):

1. Check the connection from the thin blue wire connecting to the alternator - seems ok.
2. Check the thin blue wire all the way through the looms in the engine bay - no problems there.
3. Change alternator - done.
4. Check small connection near the starter motor - seems ok.
5. Check bonnet switch - seems ok.
6. Change the oil pressure switch.

all i can think that might be left to check is the thin blue wire once it leaves the engine bay into the dash area...does anyone know where the wire terminates? could there be an issue with the clocks?

is there anything else i have missed?

any help will be appreciated. thanks guys.

Nick.:ILU:

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
Hi Nick, it isn't the blue wire you need to be checking, that's the charging light. You need to check the thin red one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi upspex,
thanks your reply. there isnt a red wire. there is only a blue one. i asked the question last year to whether there should be two thin wires coming off the alternator, the reply i got was no, due to it being a 2.5tdi?? i checked whether there is an evidence of a red wire and there isnt and i dont think there ever was one, even when there was no fault. the fault occured when i got a friend to do an oil change for me and he ended up spilling oil down the front end and all over the alt.

i connected the van up to the laptop and used VAGCOM, the following error codes appeared (that could not be cleared):

01314 - engine control Module
49-00 No communication

18058 - Powertrain Data Bus - missing message from instrument cluster
P1650 - 35 - 10 ---Intermittent

P0571 - 35 - 00 (stop light switches f implausible signal)

What do you think upspex?:*

many thanks

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Hi upspex,
thanks your reply. there isnt a red wire. there is only a blue one. i asked the question last year to whether there should be two thin wires coming off the alternator, the reply i got was no, due to it being a 2.5tdi?? i checked whether there is an evidence of a red wire and there isnt and i dont think there ever was one, even when there was no fault. the fault occured when i got a friend to do an oil change for me and he ended up spilling oil down the front end and all over the alt.

i connected the van up to the laptop and used VAGCOM, the following error codes appeared (that could not be cleared):

01314 - engine control Module
49-00 No communication

18058 - Powertrain Data Bus - missing message from instrument cluster
P1650 - 35 - 10 ---Intermittent

P0571 - 35 - 00 (stop light switches f implausible signal)

What do you think upspex?:*

many thanks
This is a CAN fault - have a search there is a whole thread about faultfinding it

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello again,
can you send me the link for the thread on the CAN fault, i cannot seem to find it anywhere.

cheers!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts