VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a email with the options and cost to extend my warranty, I wasnt expecting it to be so much. Just thought I would copy it on here for everyone to ......... LOL: What does everyone else think?

The levels of cover available are:

Option 1 Named Component with Roadside Assistance

6 or 12 months or up to 150,000 miles whichever occurs first, to start at the end of your vehicle’s existing warranty period.*

Option 2 All Component with Roadside Assistance

6 or 12 months or up to 150,000 miles whichever occurs first, to start at the end of your vehicle’s existing warranty period.*

Caddy or O/M up to 2,300kg GVW;
£451 6 Months Named Component Option 1
£753 12 Months Named Component Option 2
£555 6 Months All Component Option 2
£944 12 Months All Component Option 2

Transporter or O/M between 2,301 - 3,000kg GVW;
£548 6 Months Named Component Option 1
£945 12 Months Named Component Option 2
£689 6 Months All Component Option 2
£1,206 12 Months All Component Option 2

LT and Crafter or O/M between 3,001 - 5,000kg GVW;
£659 6 Months Named Component Option 1
£1,163 12 Months Named Component Option 2
£841 6 Months All Component Option 2
£1,504 12 Months All Component Option 2

Caravelle and Shuttle;
£738 6 Months Named Component Option 1
£1,318 12 Months Named Component Option 2
£949 6 Months All Component Option 2
£1,717 12 Months All Component Option 2

California;
£801 6 Months Named Component Option 1
£1,441 12 Months Named Component Option 2
£1,035 6 Months All Component Option 2
£1,885 12 Months All Component Option 2

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
phew! f:eek::eek:k n h:eek::eek:l, if you know something is going to go pop, or gone, and cost more than and will be covered by warranty, go for it, otherwise in my opinion it is not worth it

my van is 13 years old and only needs regular services and maintenance when parts wear out, so save ya pennies, and spend the money on a holiday:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Now this INTERESTING

I understand that all VW Commercial Vehicles potentially come with a lifetime Guarentee (Under Longlife Servicing) providing the vehicle has been bought new from a VW dealer and that it has been serviced from that dealer in accordance with the Longlife Warranty in the Service book.

Then, my reading of the wording in the service booklet is that as long as you have your VW Commercial Vehicle serviced then any failure between services (Under Longlife) is covered under the warranty conditions when originally purchased, however it does also state that this lifelong servicing regime is not applicable in every country.

However if it is applicable in a European Country then it should, under European Law, also be applicable to a member country, ie if it is applicable in Germany it should also be available in the UK on the same terms.

Guess I will be calling VW Commercial Customer Services in the morning to find out....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts