VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the day has finally come that Barrie from Autocraft is delivering my fully converted Van. :):):)H:H:H:

Will post some pics once it arrives. I drove to Aberyswyth in a Panel van and a shiny camper is going to be returned.

Although I do feel some what of a fraud. Reading all these self build threads, there are some very talented people on this forum. I can barely change a light bulb!!!!

Looking forward to attending the Harrogate meets.

Lupo

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
A very exciting day, bet you haven't slept!!
Good advice 'look after and enjoy' just don't get too paranoid about the odd mark to the inside you are bound to make by the pure nature of it being a camper.
In my first van I was so worried about causing marks, knocks etc to my lovely interior that looking back I didn't get so much fun out of it as my current van which I haven't been so paranoid about.
Happy days ahead T:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys that's great advice, already have two trips planned in it, I really do feel like a kid at Xmas, the kids are bouncing off the walls with excitement as well. A:A:A:

He already has a name - Luigi!!! Not sure why but there was a small moustache shaped sticker where the rear view mirror would normally go, so the kids thought it looked like an italian waiters moustache - genius!!

Will get some photos up over the weekend.

Lupo

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here he is Luigi as named by the kids!!!!

Just been delivered one hour ago!!!iA:A:A:A:A:A:A:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just like to say a huge thanks to Barrie and all the team at Autocraft Leisure!!!!! A long way from home but well worth the trek.

·
Registered
304 Posts
A great looking van, hope you and your family have lots of happy times out in him. Gloss black looks stunning, glad we went for that colour too T:
See you about.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
its the little extra bits,vw badge in rear offside window,leds in the slider footwell.i could fill the page.
cracking conversions and piano black furniture,STUNNING.
enjoy.T:T:T:T:T:

A:A:A:A:A:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, bjt4, yours was the van that made me head down to see Barrie!!!

I spoke to alot of companies but Barrie, gave me great advice on where to spend my money.

The vans already been christened the kids watched a DVD and slept in it last night on the drive!!!:):):):):)

·
Super Moderator
9,249 Posts
That looks very very nice...I can see lots of cleaning off of small finger prints on those cupboards :D buy the kids some cotton gloves T:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts