VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks.

Love my T4 (2000 plate) which i just use for my windsurf kit and camping in, however i would like to be able to drive in the LEZ as my parents live in twickenham.

Having read loads of interesting threads on here i'm just trying to come up with a descision. As i understand it i could convert my panel van to a camper by adding windows/bed/sink/cooker/storage and table, have it re-weighed and downgraded (possibly using a 3rd party company)

My questions are as follows.....

1. Are the DLVA/TFL still allowing this? I don't mind spending the money on the conversion as its somthing i've always wanted to do but would hate to splash out and still be at square one!

2. Anyone think the regulations are likely to change in the future, hence returning me to square one.

cheers

pat

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
My parents also live in Twikenham ( Sunbury Cross ) and they are just outside the devil zone. T: I have however had ny van reregistered as a camper with dvla, but tfl still says no. :*

·
Registered
392 Posts
Mpv requires full side and back windows plus bench seat in back with seatbelts. The seat needs to be nearer the back of the van insted of mid row as there is a rule about the size of boot space. Just send pics off with your app form :)

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Mpv requires full side and back windows plus bench seat in back with seatbelts. The seat needs to be nearer the back of the van insted of mid row as there is a rule about the size of boot space. Just send pics off with your app form :)
^^ what dan74 says ^^

....when TFL give you the green light, take out the seats and Bob's ya uncle (apparantly I:) x

·
Registered
642 Posts
Im sure I read some place that some times you need a weight certificate which you can get from your local tip by putting it on a weigh bridge, i dodnt think this costs much £20 maybe!

also i read that some times the kick up becasue it looks like a van with windows from the outside... so some one got some stickers made that said CAMPER and they aproved it!!...all bases coverd and all that!!

Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts