VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Its pap mate.

To many people and companys involved in the industry. Wont just happen like that.

Long as i keep getting mot's and insurance companys who cover my mods i will continue. As should we all

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
apologies, looked on first and second page and didnt see it

It shocked me that a real threat to what we all know and love wasnt a hot topic, its at the top of every other site i regularly use.

Id love to be of the thinking itll never happen but the EU have so much power iver us, it needs people to join together to try and make a stand.

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
Yeah i know the history fella.

This isnt France or Italy though is it. Just my opinion, doesnt make it right :ILU:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fair comment bud, all for some healthy debate

personal opinion that a modified variant of the proposal will get implemented.

The only worry is the implementation date is like 5 1/2 weeks time, little time for revision

Im seriously worried as both my vehicles are heavily modified, neither have original anything.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
The UK government should hopefully stand up against this. Due to the fact that the majority of UK small business's are actually motor vehicle based, the economy will take a hard hit.
I haven't read the whole thing through as I find stuff like that tends to contradict itself and still somehow manage to remain vague. I know full well that the police will take this new law as a good excuse to get rid of all those pointless McDonald's car park crew. The majority of the vehicles on the British road are classed as modified due to the fact they aren't fitted with stock parts from the manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
1,678 Posts
MOT is an annual check of "roadworthiness".
their is no detail to the proposal and no indication that the MOT as it stands today would not meet this..

net is full of people having a flap about nothing...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
god knows where i stand with my other pride and joy as the mot is the only means of roadworthyness..... a test which as of november my car will become exempt from on age grounds.

its tosh but its above the british government the only people from my understanding that can cast any weight on this is our MEP's. I have no idea who they even are!

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
if a car or van is modified and safe for the road then there is nothing they can do , if its speed then they need to stop making fast car in the EU first

·
Registered
694 Posts
MOT is an annual check of "roadworthiness".
their is no detail to the proposal and no indication that the MOT as it stands today would not meet this..

net is full of people having a flap about nothing...
Common sense at last. *Polite applause* A:

Lots of hysteria on this subject and very little in the way of rational analysis of what is actually being proposed.

For anyone registered on the SBMCC forums there is an excellent summary in the second post of this thread:

http://sbmcc.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=37558

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I can't see how any of this would work. Surely the Queens or lord mayor's cars would count as modded with after market flags on their bonnets & non standard bullet proof glass in the windows?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts