·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Geko's Back!!

So after this Some numpty ran in to the back of my van

to this Well I Guess I'm In Team White

and then this New van nightmare!!!

The Geko is now back on the road, so although the approved repairers where quoting £3800 to fix the van my local garage said it really only needed a new drivers rear wish bone arm, new rear bumper corner and rear light to get it back on the road. So will at Tidy T's sorted me out with a the bits i needed off and scrap van he had, although as nothing is going smoothly the wish bone arm wasn't the right one as it was discs and the Gekos drums, but luckily me local garage got one from the local scrappers. Will couldn't also find a grey corner bumper so blue it is till he finds one.

so from this

to this

So the next plan for the Geko is to get it down to Tidy T's so his bodywork guy can asses the damage and see what we can do, whilst it there it will get the sills done, proper size windows fitted, clear rear lights and stainless side bars. So when it comes back it'll be all shiny and new, looking the bomb. but for most of this to happen i'll need the money back from the van i bought.

And as for that situation with the van i bought i've sent them a letter and just waiting for a reply. I've also sent a letter to my breakdown company to see if i can reclaim my money back.

Its good that the Gekos back up and running but i just still don't feel that my bad lucks not run out yet :( I've had to still cancel half my holiday in North Devon, which unfortunately includes T4 fest, had to pull out of a show up in Leeds at Harewood House. Hopefully the van will be all fixed up by Okoberfest T:

Just wanna say thanks to all that helped and advised me cheers very much

and to Will at Tidy Transporters, blooming top guys cheers buddy T:T:T:T:

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats a bit of good new then! offer still stands on some vinyl mate

Cat
thats cool cat thanks, the checks along the bottom will be coming off when the work gets done, but i do have something in mind going down the middle, checks off course but will probs have to bring the van to you to put them on as ill well mess it up, thats if you do that kinda size, where in wales are you. probs wont be till the end of the summer, and not decided what i'm going with the mudguards yet T:

·
Premium Member
6,095 Posts
Good its getting sorted Matt T:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Woot, glad to see you managed to get it back on the road. Hope everything else starts to rectify itself for you! A:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'll second that ......."Long live the Geko"

Wow you've had a right old time of it, glad to hear you have managed to salvage something from this, hope you get your money back on the white van.

as the saying goes every cloud has a silver lining, it sounds like the Geko will come back looking better than before.............T:

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
OK so though I'd finally update you guys and gals with the latest in my "Summer 09 Van Saga" :confused::(

So the money i payed out for the breakdown £137 + £315 to get me back to stoke!! Result all money recuperated :DT:

£1950 i payed out for that white van that blew up. Got £550 of the guy i bought it from and sold the bust van (to someone who knew what they was buying) for £1200. Total recuperated £1750 loss of £200 not bad i think so for me. Result :DT:

So now what happening i hear you all asking :confused::confused:

Well the Gekos now at Tim "tidytransporters" Westwood's getting PIMPED :cool:

All the body works getting sorted including the sills and all rust spots the windscreens even coming out at rust sorting T: Its then getting the Will Westwood treatment with black side bars, clear rear lights and a colour code tailgate spoiler :D

So just can't wait till Saturday when i go pick it up, boyakasha :D:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts