VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The German Show - 24th & 25th July @ Beaulieu

A few colleagues of mine from my BMW days are arranging this show, I was originally quite involved with the initial set-up of this show, but work commitments have meant I've taken a back seat with the arrangements.

We are passionate to bring together all of the German marques, year on year we hope to make this show a true 'must attend' show. There is loads of camping available so I'm sure us VW guys can put in a good attendance.

It's been created as a family show, with entertainment for all, Beaulieu were very impressed with the T4 show you guys put on last year, and are very interested in attracting more VW shows to there calender.

Can I ask a favour, please let any other German car / van owners know abut the event, perhaps you know someone with a Vito who fancies competing against a few VW's...

It's going to be a great weekend & it's cheaper to come to the show and have full access to the Motor Museum etc, than it is to just go to the museum!

The show will feature a huge variety of German cars, including BMW, Audi, VW, Porsche, Mercedes, and promises something for all the family:

* Show and Shine with prizes
* Trade stands and autojumble
* Agility tests in the grass arena
* Go karting - at good value extra charge; height/age restrictions apply
* Great food and drink
* Camping* available for Saturday night with entertainment and pay-as-you-go barbeque!
* Discounted Hotel Accomodation locally, details available soon on the website

http://www.thegermanshow.com/

'Bringing the marques together' !
A weekend of pure Teutonic motors set in the heart of the New Forest , with something for all the family.

Drive your old or new German marque car & van to The German Show at Beaulieu for
a fun packed weekend of entertainment.

There will be Show and Shine classes with prizes, agility tests on the grass arena, plus trade stands and related autojumble.

Entrance to the show includes access to; the National Motor Museum with over 250 vehicles; World of Top Gear Exhibition; Palace House, home to the Montagu family since 1538; and the picturesque Beaulieu Abbey. In addition, there are rides and drives for all the family including the high level Monorail and replica 1912 open top London bus. Children can enjoy Dipstick’s Driving Circuit in fun mini motorised vehicles, or put their foot down and take the chequered flag on the Go-Karts.

Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
No I'm not up for that any more - just found out I'm b*st*rd working the whole weekend - lates too:(

...and it's the same weekend as Bug Jam! How inconsiderate!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We organised this before Bug Jam, but obviously there are always clashes between meets etc.

It will be much sunnier and merrier down South T:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You guys are wonderful!

I'm in a dilemma whether to take my E30 BMW or my T5.... guess I'll have more room to crash out in the T5 (assuming i empty my tools out) my Mrs hates camping with a passion, ever since we spent 4 nights in Northern Adelaide, it was sort of below zero during the night, she has never forgiven me! Guess she'll be driving home Saturday night!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks good, we might be up for that shame only sat night camping though and not fri if i've read it right? :* :)
Yep, Saturday night camping only, there facilities are basic, ie toilets, but no showers etc, hence why no extended stay. We did discus the possibility of hiring in shower blocks but the cost was prohibitive at this time.

·
Registered
539 Posts
This sounds good, we'd be up for this.

Steve W, i've been working on the island recently and think i saw your van near Tesco's in Ryde.
If you see a British Gas van flashing it's lights at you give it a wave, it'll be me. T:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree Bullfrog, what are the chances of a forum camping pitch, party etc ?

Steve W....
Glad you guys like the idea of this meet T:

Beaulieu have quite a strict noise control, there are a number of close neighbours who don't share the same party spirit at times...

Saying that we do have a live band and disco arranged for the Saturday evening... we have to observe the no noise after 11pm policy. Especially as there are kids sleeping over too...

I'm sure we can arrange a T4 / T5 pitch, although initially we planned to have an informal parking, mixing different marques together, but I think it makes sense to put all the campers together. :jiggy

·
T4 Custom trailer maker
1,916 Posts
As you may know Mark we had last years forum show there so we understand the noise regulations etc. We camped fri and sat for the forum show. The toilets are ok for a couple of days ok. We did have a small party on saturday night and everyone behaved so no problems. They have a night security team so they tend to keep an eye on the proceedings.
I like the idea of a forum camping and club stand.

Mark , Might be an idea to start a list of who's going in your first post .

Put us down for a start.T:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Better start a list of those interested T:

Copy / paste or press the 'quote' button and edit the post accordingly. :cheers

1. E30 Mark (E30 touring & or T5) Sat & Sun
2. pittsy
3. motobuild (will have 4 t4`s and a t5 wid me.!!)
4. Steve W
5. Mark Oxley
6. bullfrog
7. nickel

1 - 20 of 39 Posts