VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure some of you have been getting involved in the home camping in our vans and tents to raise money for NHS staff. I just wanted to spread the word as another is taking place this Saturday if any of you want to get involved, it's so fun to camp at home and imagine you are away somewhere.

There is a £2 pitch fee to get involved and the link to the JustGiving page is here. I will be taking part in my VW T5.

Ian's Great British camp out page

For anyone getting involved in the Great British Campout, I run a small online business called The Wood Project. Accessories for van life and adventure. I have a few Horizon Stoves left in stock which I think is the perfect accessory to keep warm and to cook on. Lightweight, easy to use and takes a variety of fuels, it’s the perfect camper addition. I will be using mine for the camp out!
https://thewoodproject.co.uk

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I donated to Saturday's cam out, but unfortunately my rear interior wasn't in a campable (thought that was a word) state. Definitely getting involved again (y)

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I donated to Saturday's cam out, but unfortunately my rear interior wasn't in a campable (thought that was a word) state. Definitely getting involved again (y)
Ah that's great you donated, it's such a great idea and for the perfect charity. It allows some of us to at least feel we are using our vans!

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
It's the least I can do, self isolating like the majority of us, you feel frustrated that you can't really do anything to help, bar staying at home of course. Yeah, just didn't think my first camping trip in the van once I'd built the bed would be on the drive rather than by the sea, but we'll get through it.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the least I can do, self isolating like the majority of us, you feel frustrated that you can't really do anything to help, bar staying at home of course. Yeah, just didn't think my first camping trip in the van once I'd built the bed would be on the drive rather than by the sea, but we'll get through it.
No I didn’t think my first camping trip would be on the drive but I guess this is best we can do and nice to know plenty of others are doing the same. People are making it really fun, even joking they managed to reserve their usual camping spot like their last visit and staying a couple of extra nights! :D

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I've been following this on FB too, some the photos and videos are great! It's a bit of fun in a very troubling time, a bit of fun that everyone can do with. Good shout, I've just checked with the site owner and I've allowed myself full flexibility on what night's I'll be staying (y)

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been following this on FB too, some the photos and videos are great! It's a bit of fun in a very troubling time, a bit of fun that everyone can do with. Good shout, I've just checked with the site owner and I've allowed myself full flexibility on what night's I'll be staying (y)
(y):LOL:

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
We have an indoor cat who we are going to take to the camper so not sure how that is going to go!
It may be absolutely fine, my only concern is my cat claws at the carpet on the stairs, I just don't want to wake up in the morning and find all my carpeted panels have been torn to shreds! 🙀

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did last Saturday and it was surprisingly a really nice night. First time sleeping in the new van too!
Also all the amenities you need in your home to shower etc! I'm actually looking forward to it on Saturday AND using my horizon stove to cook my dinner on!

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's a great idea. We had been planning to do this in our new Caravelle.
It used to be called going to 'ourgate'

·
Registered
7 Posts
Great idea, I have been trying to persuade my partner that we should camp out on the drive and donating for a good cause has swung it :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts