VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I'm just back from 2 weeks in the South of France

And I'm off to Beach Buggin tomorrow

So thought I'd spend today emptying the beach out of my van, and getting the bugs off the front.

All was going well until I decided to remove an old air freshener from the interior mirror.

The cord stuck a little so I gave it a little tug, and the interior mirror popped off .

After a bit of impromptu juggling I caught it without damage and set to re-fixing it.

Somewhat ironically as it turned out, I thought 'I'd better be careful here it would be easy to break the mirror putting it back on'.

Well I didn't break the mirror

Didn't fit the mirror back on either :(

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Happened to me once......In my wisdom......I used superglue then sat there watchin my stupidity spread across the windscreen :bhd

Bad news bud.....just tell the insurance it had a top tint when they replace it ;):cool:

·
Registered
902 Posts
My brother did that on a customers 7 series BMW. Can't remember exactly what he was doing to the mirror but the screen ended up shattered. Don't think his boss was too pleased eitherH:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I apologise for laughing, but that did make me s******! (mostly the bit about thinking you ought to be careful or else you could break the mirror - it's the way you tell 'em!)

Reminds me of a friend of mine who put his 9'6" long board into his A4 estate, and thinking it just fitted, cautiously closed the tailgate. Then with the final push to get the catch to engage, he simultaneously heard the front windscreen crack and break into pieces... The board clearly would NOT fit inside an A4 estate!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I'm guessing it was the glue used to fit the mirror back on, not the force though?

gutted :(

good luck getting it sorted T:

·
Registered
652 Posts
I thought that kind of thing only happened to me! :D
I'll think of you next time I change my air freshner.... I:

·
Registered
995 Posts
LOL:H: sorry to laugh at your accident but the way it was worded it did give me a little chuckle lol.

that is a propper sh:*tter though sorry buddy !

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For any who may want to re fix the mirror onto the ball mount which is glued to the screen

LWBSteve, that font of all T4 knowledge, explained to me at the weekend that, "You need to remove the mount by grasping the base of the mount, and twisting it clockwise. Then fix the mirror on, and refit the whole thing as one unit. Guess what ...............He's right :bhd

Next time I'll ring Steve and ask someone with a brain LOL:

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
For any who may want to re fix the mirror onto the ball mount which is glued to the screen

LWBSteve, that font of all T4 knowledge, explained to me at the weekend that, "You need to remove the mount by grasping the base of the mount, and twisting it clockwise. Then fix the mirror on, and refit the whole thing as one unit. Guess what ...............He's right :bhd

yes but who told steve I:

·
i am t4lwb steve
2,832 Posts

yes but who told steve I:

oi paul you cheeky sweaty sock :eek:

well i don't remember who told me, but my gray matter is full of random rubbish that sometimes lines up with a situtation that make me look clever Rasp:

any hows alan thinks im clever and thats all that mattersLOL:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
DOH! Unlucky.
Are you sure it wasnt the 'tapping the nail in" that caused it to shatter.

Sorry to mock - thought of thing I do on a basis far to regular..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts