VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically, as it state's above.
this is the new thread for all you guys and girls that love to get out on the mountain bike (Cross country or Downhill). The first meet is not a big one but tomorrow at Cannock Chase just off the M6.
Further dates and locations will be advertised and discussed within this thread. We'll meet in a pre-determined location/carpark, Check out the T4's, get some snaps whilst sorting out the Rigs- then when everyones ready we'll get the rubber rolling.T:

All abilities are welcome so If you want to bring the better half with the little one's, feel free to do so.
So, Let's see you all out there.
It's not how you get there, It's the ride and the journey that counts.:ILU:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I didn't make it today, Sorry guys...... After trying to get people motivated to get out and catch up I was the one that stumbled. The combination of waking up in a strange, but pleasing situation only to do the walk of "so called Shame", a mild hangover and the desire to finish the roller paint job on the T4-kind of took up all the time I could have planned for....

Apologies.
Well between this and the new thread on the Meet section in Community, what's peoples thought's to the next (hopefully, larger and more organized) meet?
If there's a large contingency of XC riders, Rutland water is a good day out with a large facility for a meet. It has two large bike shops. Rutland water cycling and the Giant test centre. This is my local/home bike shop and I'm sure if anyone wanted to bring family or friends that haven't got a bike, the guys could sort out a decent rate for a half day/full day rental bike/s.

Their site is www.rutlandcycling.com

If this is a good idea, please leave your thoughts in the meet section and we'll all discuss more. Any other areas and ideas are more than welcome.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If anyone's around the west coast of Wales this weekend, get down to Aberystwyth for the National Urban DH race. If your not riding and just want a fun day out watching some idiots like me, pop along.T:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I run the Godiva Trailriders mountain bike club out of Coventry .... I've just bought a T5 174
and there are 3 other T4/T5 owners in the club. Cannock is pretty local to us.... we'll be there on our annual DABDR (Day After Boxing Day Ride) obviously on Dec 27th .... if anyone want's to come along... feel free.*<:)>*<:)>

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello mate. yes it is but unfortunately it doesn't seem to attract much attention. So much so that I've barely looked at it in the past month or so.:confused:
What do you ride and where do you ride mate?

·
Registered
37 Posts
sorry for the late reply
i ride a Stump jumper pro but am looking to upgrade soon

I ride Cannock quite often with a mate from Essex so tend to make the day of it
but we both travel all over

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
If i ever get the fuel pump sorted out on mine i'll be out and about for definite on my ride.

Norco Six Two with added bling LOL:LOL:LOL:

Need an AAZ Fuel pump or someone who can repair one :(

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah ok mate. well I'm much the same. try and travel around a bit to ride different areas. I may restart the thread I had on the General chat to see if that gets as much interest as it used to.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
My ankle is almost good enough to start riding again T:
Gonna give it a try tomorrow after my deliveries have turned up A:
Had good news over the last 24hrs - parts to fix my fuel pump have turned up and i have the ABL water pipes on the way as well so will soon be able to travel about and ride the trails again :db:db:db

Norco Six II ----- had loads of bikes over the last few years, should never have sold my Coiler Primo though :no
Bought new a while ago and changed lotsa bits since.
New crazy rotors and ceramic pads, Halo Freedom wheels, Thompson Stem, Hope Headset, Goodrich braided hoses and lots of Truvativ and Hope bits....also had the suspension sorted, fettled and setup by the very nice people at Skyline Cycles at Glyncorrwg(my fav place to ride)
Just treated her to a new SRAM PC991 Chain

·
Registered
40 Posts
hi still finding my feet in this forum , just spotted this topic.
i ride mainly downhill intense m3 . but have a street/jumpbike as well to ride skatepark street and dirtjumps bmx tracks etc.
also have a single speed road bike/fixie unfixed to ride /keep fit that dont get used much haha.

this is from friday night/sat morn.
5am half way up snowdon sun just coming up .

·
Banned
869 Posts
I am from Kent and Met Fester664 at Ace Cafe in August. (Hi Del).... I dont know about you guys but I seem to see more and More T4's and T5's with MTB on the back etc so it must be the van of choice....

The reason I write is that I am also into cycling and prefer MTB (mainly downhill/mountain). I did the Megavalanche this year and plan to do it again in 2012. I have cycled Les Deux aples too..... If you are up for it (and I know its way off) it would be great to convoy Dubstyle to the event next year..... Check it out on the following Site, you have to register in January and it is a great event......

http://www.avalanchecup.com/mega-avalanche.html

Check my first 10 mins of my qualifier.... Its a real blast....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J04xyx_iyps

And the famous Pied Moutet in 2009...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv83y32cWPM

Let me know if you are interested, we could start a new thread if need be......

JFDI

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been off this thread for ages and keep forgetting to look at it.

Ok wells ounces like a good idea mate. Did the mega back in 06 so wouldn't mind doing it again. What's the dates?
Looking at focusing on getting a gathering of the forum riders together for 2012 at some point. If we can do it more than once in the summer that would be amazing. start throwing down your thoughts and ideas below.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lets have a t4 trip to the alps late July
Good idea grant but not everyone wants to hit the alps on a first meet. Something for the future definitely.
I'm thinking more along the lines of UK waters. One for the south, midlands and north. Scotland as well if there are guys and girls way up top. Get someone from each region to come up with a location and date that suits most and then go for that. Guys and girls can tip up, take phot's and throw them up on here somewhere. No prejudice to any discipline be it XC, DH or just a fun ride. It is possible to cater for all.

If people want to take on a region, please pipe up and lay down your options. Maybe look at some point around the start of summer do everyone has time to plan their life's into whatever they need to do. Also, summer holidays can be incorporated so they can dr at the playstation generation along for a family gathering. Be it a day trip or a weekend with a campsite and a local boozer up the road. T:
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well if anyones gonna be out there for the mega, i'll be doing it again this year. Leave booked at work just counting down the days till registration......T:

What's the date for that then buddy?

·
Registered
595 Posts
"The opening of registration 2012 will be On January, Monday the 16th from 3.00pm (french time)." provisional date for the megavalanche is the weekend of 16th July, about a week later than usual, so, hopefully the snow will have had a bit more time to melt.
Last year was nice because there wasn't too much due to the generally rubbish ski season in the alps, the year before was hard work though, great snowboarding in the winter but we paid for it come mega time.
The snow is the gimmick part of the mega but to be honest with you, I don't like it........:eek: Let me loose on the rocks T:

http://www.avalanchecup.com/newlang_2.html

1 - 20 of 50 Posts