VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
There's a few of us in west Yorkshire thinking of doing the mega....

We often have a ride over to Llandegla north Wales for a day out on the bikes, it's a great!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Did Llandegla a few years ago, it is a bit of a trek from here though, saw in mbuk they have opened a new section recently B line or sommat with some north shore apparently, tbh I wasnt very impressed with the weird drop shore thing they had before so hopefully its a bit better than that effort....
No fan of black uphill sections either but following the locals soon had us missing those out T: IIRC there was quite a nice little jump section just after the long uphill at the start then another one about half way round, hmmm think its gonna have to be another trip up there in the planning. Although with the planned new lines at Cwmcarn it's gonna have to be good to warrant the extra few hours drive....

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well those dates are looking good. May have to do that!!! Will I fit it in after the whistler trip I'm looking at though?!I:

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm involved with the Scottish Downhill Association as my son races DH; one of my plans for 2012 into stop watching and do more sweating. If there is interest how about a XC/DH day on the Saturday at Glentress and Sunday at Innerleithen for full blown DH; DH would coincide with an uplift day by Uplift Scotland to save your little tired legs. There is a car park at the bottom of the track at Inners for camping and plenty of good pubs within a 10 minute walk.

don't make it too early in 2012; Ive got some work to do on the fitness Rasp:

cheers

David

·
Registered
595 Posts
just been sorting my leave out, i have made a basic error with the dates of the mega. It is the week commencing the 16th July so racing will be 21/22 july as i understand.... still only provisional dates though. Not sure Alpe d'huez will be up to much after Canada though mate, tink i'd rather have an extra week there!!!!

And Scotland, always wanted to head up there, always put off by the hella long drive up though, will keep an eye out David, it would mean not taking the misses surfing so will need lots of groundwork!!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
David sounds a great idea. How is your lad now. Healing after Molofre I hope? Definitely worth looking at for a weird when there's no racing in the summer. You'd also need to find a good camping site that would everyone.

just been sorting my leave out, i have made a basic error with the dates of the mega. It is the week commencing the 16th July so racing will be 21/22 july as i understand.... still only provisional dates though. Not sure Alpe d'huez will be up to much after Canada though mate, tink i'd rather have an extra week there!!!!

And Scotland, always wanted to head up there, always put off by the hella long drive up though, will keep an eye out David, it would mean not taking the misses surfing so will need lots of groundwork!!
Phil, I'm guessing your military from your use of the work leave? Don't worry about the lass, you'll win her round. We should all take the other half. That way we can leave them with the vans and they can put the world to rights. LOL:

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm involved with the Scottish Downhill Association as my son races DH; one of my plans for 2012 into stop watching and do more sweating. If there is interest how about a XC/DH day on the Saturday at Glentress and Sunday at Innerleithen for full blown DH; DH would coincide with an uplift day by Uplift Scotland to save your little tired legs. There is a car park at the bottom of the track at Inners for camping and plenty of good pubs within a 10 minute walk.

don't make it too early in 2012; Ive got some work to do on the fitness Rasp:

cheers

David
The other option is to hit Fort (Bill) William; World Cup XC trails and the best DH Track in the World A: Nevis Range Campsite has room for everyone. It might also allow you Southern Shandy drinkers a wee holiday to boot and some fantastic scenery. Rasp:

It also has a permanent chairlift (unless it's blowing a hoolie), I know how DHers hate to pedal.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Now now dave. Not all of us are southern shandy drinkers buddy. Just because I'm south of you doesn't make me one by a long shot.
The "Bill" would also be a great idea. Thing is mate, some people may not be as full on as others when it comes to biking. Yes the xc trail is still awesome but it could be a bit too burly for some. I'm happy to hit the place up again. It took a bit of my blood there this year so I'm happy to take it back next year. Hahaha.

Maybe a long weekend trip between the two places would work better for people?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Now now dave. Not all of us are southern shandy drinkers buddy. Just because I'm south of you doesn't make me one by a long shot.
The "Bill" would also be a great idea. Thing is mate, some people may not be as full on as others when it comes to biking. Yes the xc trail is still awesome but it could be a bit too burly for some. I'm happy to hit the place up again. It took a bit of my blood there this year so I'm happy to take it back next year. Hahaha.

Maybe a long weekend trip between the two places would work better for people?
No offence intended, quite partial to the odd shandy myself I: there are plenty of varying trials at Fort Bill for various levels away from the dh track. point taken though T:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It could work for a possible national wide meeting area. Could you imagine the convoy going up to the Bill?! Hahaha. The motorway would be a right picture. A:

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
What a picture A:

Imagine going back down through the Great Glen with a convoy and a stop at Tyndrum for Fish & Chips (Real Food Cafe).

Looks like we are going to have to make it happen :eek:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am from Kent and Met Fester664 at Ace Cafe in August. (Hi Del).... I dont know about you guys but I seem to see more and More T4's and T5's with MTB on the back etc so it must be the van of choice....

The reason I write is that I am also into cycling and prefer MTB (mainly downhill/mountain). I did the Megavalanche this year and plan to do it again in 2012. I have cycled Les Deux aples too..... If you are up for it (and I know its way off) it would be great to convoy Dubstyle to the event next year..... Check it out on the following Site, you have to register in January and it is a great event......

http://www.avalanchecup.com/mega-avalanche.html

Check my first 10 mins of my qualifier.... Its a real blast....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J04xyx_iyps

And the famous Pied Moutet in 2009...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv83y32cWPM

Let me know if you are interested, we could start a new thread if need be......

JFDI
looks awsome never had a go but would love to

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have just stumbled upon this thread .... brilliant to find likeminded guys (and gals) T:

I've always wanted to head upto fort bill and ride the trails there. I ride and race XC down here. I have ridden in Wales Afan, CwmCarm and Brechfa a few times, raced in Newnham, Devon and have a lot of military ground to ride on 5 minutes from my front door. A:

Rich

·
Registered
989 Posts
I have just stumbled upon this thread .... brilliant to find likeminded guys (and gals) T:

I've always wanted to head upto fort bill and ride the trails there. I ride and race XC down here. I have ridden in Wales Afan, CwmCarm and Brechfa a few times, raced in Newnham, Devon and have a lot of military ground to ride on 5 minutes from my front door. A:

Rich
I'm also a newbie (just on the hunt for my first T5) and a keen cyclist, would be interested in any meet ups that are happening too T:

21 - 40 of 50 Posts