VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone any ideas on haw i can raise my van?

Im assuming i can wind the front the other way to lift it. But are there any heavier duty springs that will fit it? Syncro ones perhaps?

Any ideas welcome..... unless its 'dont do it'. That sort of response wont be tollerated and ill tell my mum on you.

Cheers, Nick

·
I have noticed I can't spell
6,177 Posts
Mine is pretty monster high on two rubber ring jobs and standard springs :ILU: High enough really you can get your head in between the arch and the wheel (well muddyhell can anyway) LOL: Rasp:

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did try the search. Found a few threads where people taked about it but no info on wether they had actually done it. Was hoping there would be some pics. Where can i get these rubbers from and how do you go about fitting more than one?? 1st van and never lowered or raised so not familiar with exactly how its all put together.

Cheers, Nick

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Iv got sum rubbers you can have ninja il bring em on sat if your coming
Haha when i saw you'd posted Ash i was gettin ready for some grief for wanting to go high. Aye im coming sat. Swapped shifts for it. Hoping wheels and tyres are on by sat. Might need to file some of my bumper........

·
Its about time I showed up
11,653 Posts
I've got a set of 1200 springs off my old ex aa.. High as you like!! LOL: Pm me if you want them, can have em cheap T:

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That took you longer than expected the higher you go the lower mine looks :D and with that ENORMOUS stretch your running you will need the clearance I:
LOL: sorry mate, works wearing me down. Supprised you can afford rubbers anyway, Fully loaded T5's, Big aircooled engines and a flash camera now is it?? I dont want used ones by the way..... LOL:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Plenty options. Mine's a 2001 syncro DOKA so it came with OE heavy springs and torsion bars. And I still managed to get it 40mm higher using King Springs (Australia) and a torsion bar wind-up. 205/70R15C tyres got me another 10mm. 40mm is about the most you can get over the stock LWB Transporter height using suspension only as this is roughly the limit of the toe-in adjustment on the front wheel alignment.

The added complication for a Syncro is the alignment of the rear driveline after the lift. To reduce strain on the tail shaft, VC, diff and CV's it is a good idea to use spacers in the three diff mounts to alter the alignment back to near stock.

Seikel in Germany is the source of all bespoke lifting......check out their portal axles for instance.

·
Premium Member
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Plenty options. Mine's a 2001 syncro DOKA so it came with OE heavy springs and torsion bars. And I still managed to get it 40mm higher using King Springs (Australia) and a torsion bar wind-up. 205/70R15C tyres got me another 10mm. 40mm is about the most you can get over the stock LWB Transporter height using suspension only as this is roughly the limit of the toe-in adjustment on the front wheel alignment.

The added complication for a Syncro is the alignment of the rear driveline after the lift. To reduce strain on the tail shaft, VC, diff and CV's it is a good idea to use spacers in the three diff mounts to alter the alignment back to near stock.

Seikel in Germany is the source of all bespoke lifting......check out their portal axles for instance.
Thanks for the advice mate. Mines not a syncro though. I want it about as high as one. Its got pretty heavy duty springs on at the moment. Its nose down as it is. Tyres are goin on this week, 205/75/15 so that should give me some extra height.
I'll level it out by winding the front up and see how it looks. Then i can try the rubbers and if im still not happy i can look into springs.

As for the limit on the toe in adjustment, i take it i cant put too many turns on the front or im going to pass this limit?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts