please help, i really need to go get one

many thanks

dawn

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will is my saviour!

the problems i have had with that panel!! the prat who owned it before me had welded it on,
why, cos he had had a 'knock' i knew nothing about and the headlight is not sitting properly either,

thanks will, hopefully can get sorted now

dawn :)

·
I have noticed I can't spell
6,177 Posts
Will bow to Will's superior knowledge, but the tool is awful any way :D

Triple B's method is to put some tape on an allan key, grip the other end in some mole grip and use that as the tool, roberts ya mothers brother Rasp: worked for me and I have had the grill off quite a few times*.

*Again I note this is just a few less than the 84,263 grills Will has removed LOL: Rasp:

if it welded on still though, grinders are good!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I used to think the plastic tool that came with the van was for removing the front panel but wasn't able to get it to work properly. I found a hook in my bits & pieces & use that now. I read on another thread that the plastic tool is supplied to remove the original hubcaps if yours originally had steel wheels. I tend to agree with the second school of thought.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
big thanks to will, received the plastic thingy in the post on tuesday

just need to give it a go and get that damned panel off now!

cheers will

dawn

·
Registered
60 Posts
Remember, on a long nose, there are two screws underneath the indicators (one per side) these need to be removed before pulling off the valence. Remove indicators first, then screws, then put the plastic thingy between the bumper and valance, pull sharply and off it pops!!!! Good luck. Nigel

·
Registered
9,434 Posts
To tip from Conspiracy........Use an old trainer lace....simple and brilliant.

Will the Kernow massive please try not to read too much into that :eek:I:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Remember, on a long nose, there are two screws underneath the indicators (one per side) these need to be removed before pulling off the valence. Remove indicators first, then screws, then put the plastic thingy between the bumper and valance, pull sharply and off it pops!!!! Good luck. Nigel
mines a short nose

thanks, fingers crossed lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts