VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right then purchased on 22/10/2010, let the party begin!!!!

Basically, washed washed and washed again, stripped out the panelling and bulkhead, removed the roof rack and stuck on a few 2p's to cover the holes for now...

First jobs are exhaust and battery, and sort the faulty dash out, got intermittant temp and diesel gauges, valet the seats and interior and fit some sounds...

Weather been ok tomorrow might get a bit of polish on and sort me back doors out!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Same motor as mine buddy

[/IMG]

Had some great trips in this, I`d be interested in how you get on with the conversion, keep us updated.

Scott

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
i knew it wouldnt be long before you got one, lol

yeah the clocks is a easy fix i had to do it on mine.

looks tidy enough!

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers Carl,
i do love a challenge lol.

Sunday was spent 'T' cutting the whole bloody van followed by a liberal coating of wax, its amazing the difference that made(pics to follow).
Washed most of the doors and dash panelling down, going to chuck the seats out tonight and give them and the floor area a clean.
Whooshwhoosh popped round to help sort my back doors out for a better fit (ooooeeerrrr!!!) and a DIY door handle fix has seen the doors opening from inside and out!!
Removed my rear wipers, too cluttered at the back with them on.
Popped out a few dents, got my mig working again so hopefully the next dry spell i can removed the siliconed 2P's off the roof and seal up the roof rack holes(all 20) and the rear wiper holes too.
got a price off Mike at CMC for my windows and have hopefully sourced my rear seat, its a nightmare doing it on a budget!!!

Bit of home grown exhaust fabrication and a new battery should see me right to getting it on the road to use as my daily so i can flog off my MK3 golf and invest the cash on the carpet!

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
hes also just informed me(after blinding me with the welder n settin rags alight)that when i left,hes melted the interior plastics with the welder.....no more weldin!:eek:

·
Registered
205 Posts
See told you bud there was one out there with your name

on it T:

looks pretty tidy did you manage to get it in your budget

or did you have to extend it ? I:

good luck and im going to be watching your thread with

keen interest to see what you get up to with it T:

nice going A: A:

nige :ILU:

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
in budget at mo, but no tax....
so take into account tax, battery and exhaust to make it road worthy i wouldnt be far off :)

So just windows rear seats/bed and carpet, some ICE we'll be good to go!!!!

Attact some of the rough scabs and rust today, dremmeled down and red leaded (whooshwhoosh), stripped out the floor ply too, all very good underneath..
Scored some overtime for the next 4 wks so jobs will slow down but the funds increase!!!!

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
blank canvas hey mate. Well will be interesting to see how this goes.
Good luck dude.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
looking good, did you get the tax sorted then? Got a feeling this will be a good little read and a totally individual bus by next summer. T:

1 - 20 of 297 Posts