VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't quite found the source yet but I've certainly found where it ends up. The carpet under my passenger seat is absolutely soaking. Took passenger seat out and tried to follow the water course up stream underneath the carpet but they all dry up. I also last week re sealed the roof rail bolts thinking that was the source but it's still soaking.
Don't know if you can see by the photos but there are two suspicious liking grommets that lead straight under the van out to the road so I've siliconed those up in desperation.
Drying the carpet out now in the vain hope I've found the source of the Nile.
Anyone else with experience of under floor flooding? :*

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd check the drain on the blower housing above the passenger footwell.
Thanks for the reply.
Forgive my ignorance but what does it drain? And is it obvious what the drain looks like as in its connected to a pipe or something? Can't find any pics of one.
thanks again T:

·
Registered
189 Posts
It's a black tube that drains any fluid from the bottom of the blower housing. You need to remove a trim panel from underneath the dash on the passenger side. Where the fluid originally comes from I'm not sure of though. Maybe it's something like a condensate drain from the air con.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, I get you. I'll have a nosey round on the weekend T:

Ever get the feeling that you are undoing more bits of your van than you are actually fixing I:

It's probably the same panel I need to take off to route the split charger cables through to the engine bay, I'm guessing(?)

Cheers

·
Registered
836 Posts
Check your coolant level - could be a leaking heater matrix! If your windscreen's been replaced sometime in the past that could be the source of a leak - get someone to direct a garden hose at the screen while you check inside.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Check your coolant level - could be a leaking heater matrix! If your windscreen's been replaced sometime in the past that could be the source of a leak - get someone to direct a garden hose at the screen while you check inside.
Had this on my T4
Badly fitted screen:(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought that about the windscreen but couldn't find a route of wetness from the front to middle.

Is it a case of replacing the windscreen to fix that or can the old one be reseated?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I thought that about the windscreen but couldn't find a route of wetness from the front to middle.

Is it a case of replacing the windscreen to fix that or can the old one be reseated?
If it is the screen it's a glass out and refit job but it wasn't that expensive.
Nice little cash job for a fitter

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it is the screen it's a glass out and refit job but it wasn't that expensive.
Nice little cash job for a fitter
Good call Glyn. I've asked a guy for a quote for fitting a side window if I don't do It myself so I'll ask about that too. I guess he'll know if the screen is fitted properly
Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts